OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
tagzard.tk
XP
Country
United States
I have a sega genesis and i want more games on it. But i don't want to buy them on ebay because i hate waiting. So is there a cart that lets me play genesis roms on my system?
Edit: I want to buy one so I WANT A LINK TO A PLACE WHERE I CAN BUY IT. And i'm looking at the 30 down price range. USD

tagzard

Tagzard the Crazy Dinosaur with Wings.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
tagzard.tk
XP
Country
United States

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Getting classic system flash carts for $30 or below is impossible. Expect to spend between $80 (the price of the cart in question given above) to upwards of $150.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think you're going to find one, to my knowledge at least, that's gonna be 30 dollars. Maybe 50.

EDIT: What Nathan said.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
tagzard said:
Nathan Drake said:
Getting classic system flash carts for $30 or below is impossible. Expect to spend between $80 (the price of the cart in question given above) to upwards of $150.
Crap. I want one for a n64 also.

That's about the same price, more expensive actually if I'm not mistaken than the Genesis cart.

tagzard

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
tagzard.tk
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
tagzard said:
Nathan Drake said:
Crap. I want one for a n64 also.

That's about the same price, more expensive actually if I'm not mistaken than the Genesis cart.
Dang. Should i use stoneage gamer?

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
$30
laugh.gif

I have the Everdrive MD ($90) and the SNES PowerPak ($155), with plans to snag an Everdrive 64 at some point as well. No matter what they cost, they are still a fraction, a FRACTION of the price it would cost to buy even a few good carts.

You have to remember that these carts are produced in very small quantities, not like DS and GBA flashcarts which are produced in huge amounts. That is why the cost is higher.

tagzard

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
tagzard.tk
XP
Country
United States
lilsypha said:
$30
laugh.gif

I have the Everdrive MD ($90) and the SNES PowerPak ($155), with plans to snag an Everdrive 64 at some point as well. No matter what they cost, they are still a fraction, a FRACTION of the price it would cost to buy even a few good carts.

You have to remember that these carts are produced in very small quantities, not like DS and GBA flashcarts which are produced in huge amounts. That is why the cost is higher.
I see. Where do i buy the cases so i can put the chip in?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not with most people being content with emulators and control adapters not being that hard to come by or build ( http://ladyada.net/make/usbgamepad/ ). Not to mention most carts appearing these days are starting to want to emulate some of the more exotic chips that might have appeared necessitating either those chips or more likely a nice FPGA which have a habit of costing a bit. Someone might reverse engineer or make an open source one at some point but chances are it will come at the cost of compatibility/ease of use (the GB/GBC is a good example- most homebrew stuff is built for LSDJ not to mention doing proper save and rom handling (security) code is a nightmare) and again even doing one off builds with you putting it all together it is not going to be all that cheap.

Cases- if they did not come with them the distributors might have had them. Failing that you could try finding a CAD file for the case and taking it to someone that builds things to get it done (3d printing preferably by laser, CNC or vacuum forming types if you are going one off).

YoshiInAVoid

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
I am making SNES Game Maker but I need some way of getting the games I make onto the real hardware.

SNES flashcards are stupidly expensive and impossible to find second hand or off ebay or something.

So I did what this guy did:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NokPAngb4EM

So I ordered a "Super troll islands" game for the SNES off ebay for £1.50 (roughly $3) and took it apart, then I de-soldered the "Mask ROM" and replaced it with a 32-Pin ZIF socket. Now I can go into the electronics store, buy an EPROM and pay them to burn my game onto it which I take with me on a USB stick. Then I get home and put the EPROM in the ZIF socket and tada I have it on my SNES! But the problem with this is, that it took ages to make and it costs alot for each EPROM that you buy and get writen to.

But that's the only solution if you want a really cheap retro flashcard.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: hello everyone