Hardware Generic controllers and homebrew support

gumbicoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm new to this whole Wii homebrew world and am just getting all my hardware lined up. Picked up a used black Wii off of Craigslist the other day. I plan to only play Wii games off a USB HDD and I already have 2 OEM Wii Remotes + and nunchucks. I want to purchase 2 more generic Wiimotes w/nunchucks and 4 generic classic pro controllers but have heard that these don't work that well in the Homebrew Channel.
Is this still accurate? Do the controllers not work only in the channel or also during game play? If so, what's the best workaround, other than buying original OEM controllers?

Thanks

Last edited by gumbicoo,

Farmatique

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I'm new to this whole Wii homebrew world and am just getting all my hardware lined up. Picked up a used black Wii off of Craigslist the other day. I plan to only play Wii games off a USB HDD and I already have 2 OEM Wii Remotes + and nunchucks. I want to purchase 2 more generic Wiimotes w/nunchucks and 4 generic classic pro controllers but have heard that these don't work that well in the Homebrew Channel.
Is this still accurate? Do the controllers not work only in the channel or also during game play? If so, what's the best workaround, other than buying original OEM controllers?

Thanks
Hi! I use original wiimote with chinese non-original controller pro, it works fine. I can use it in main menu (using analog stick), in homebrew channel using dpad. One issue or bug - that cursor sometimes "fly away" up the screen. But when I aim wiimote at tv screen it works well again.

Last edited by Farmatique,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool