Hacking Generate a wii nand <4.1, possible?

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I am looking to build a fresh nand for my wii, i am looking to be able to make this nand 2.2 (U).
The reason i want to do this is that 2.2 was the last firmware that suppported the original gamecube action replay discs. I am about to get a wode and will be looking to use the AR with it. By using a UNEEK nand with 2.2 this should be possible i think.

If anyone knows if this would work or not then that would be great, or can some one tell me how i build a 2.2 nand because modmii only builds 4.1> :(

Thanks

nikeymikey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
that is a thought i have already had, but hoped it wasnt the case.

someone somewhere must have the files :)

EDIT: seems that is not the case as i just tried nus downloader and am currently downloading a 2.2U system menu.

Now if someone can tell me everything i need for a nice fresh nand, that would be very helpful :)

2nd EDIT: Am i mistaken in thinking that i can use just the 2.2U system menu and the up to date other stuff, ios's etc?

nikeymikey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hmmm dont seem to be able to download ohneswanzenegger anywhere......

does anyone have it? or a working link?

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in the same svn that contains ohneschwanzenegger, there are a handful of other programs. one of them is called "nandDump". it does almost exactly what you are asking. it can do a lot of things, including downloading titles from NUS and creating a nand dump. nandDump has almost the identical user interface as ohneschwanzenegger, because i copy/pasted the ui out of this program when i made ohneschwanzenegger.

it should also be 2 or 3x faster than modmii, because modmii is downloading titles, creating wad files, saving the wads, then starting up a new program, unpacking the wads, and installing the titles to the extracted dump.

nikeymikey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
thanks pune, i found some links to your programs but im not sure if they are the latest. where can i find the svn?

Thanks for the programs and the help :)

nikeymikey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i cant compile it myself, dont know how :( did try learning how once but just couldnt make it work.

And all the download links on the forum page link are dead :(

Anyone have these tools precompiled? Or can point me in the direction of a working link?

Or even tell me a nice guide to compiling, maybe ill give it another try? I also need to know how to get the source code :) complete novice

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Don't forget to download the required DLLs and put them in the same folder as ohneschwanzenegger and nandbincheck.

Anyway... Using ohneschwanzenegger, create a new nand using the keys from a previously created nand.
In the top left box type in the system menu that you wish to download and click Get It!.
The tool will download the files and inject them into the freshly created nand.
After the nand has been built, a window will appear replace the serial number with your own from your console.

With nandbincheck (which can be found from the above link which XFlak provided), check that there isn't any problems with the nand.

If your using this nand with neek, extract it using showmiiwads. If you wish to replace it with you existing nand, use bootmii's nand restore by putting the freshly created nand and key.bin on the root of your sd card with the files to execute bootmii when you boot the console.

nikeymikey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the links.

Trying ohneschwanzenegger out now :)

Thanks for the help guys

EDIT : It seems that it is the mios update that blocked the AR disc. I have read i need to go back to v4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    ill just use edge and watch nintendo videos on firefox. lolol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The everything beagle cup noodles are actually pretty decent
    dog noodles. mmmmmm.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    monkey brains
    The cream cheese flavoring in the bagel cups scares me
    Did you try the breakfast one they make?
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    A good salmon Poké bowl with some cream cheese is decadent
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's really not bad you just think of cold cream cheese
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    being lactose intolerant is a sin
    I dont like cream cheese. Thats why. Haha. The breakfast noodle cup sounds fantastic though.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I beat grilled cream cheese would be top notch
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    @ZeroT21 tons of ingredients contains lactose more or less sadly. Makes them tummy aches and farts-o-lantern rocket launches
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My only gripe too many poppy seeds a cop may taze me
    "Start your day with Cup Noodles Breakfast! This limited time flavor blends ramen with your favorite breakfast flavors, including pancakes, maple syrup, sausage, and eggs."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If our Walmart has them yours probably does
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I came to like french Camembert
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People get way too self conscious about ingredients
    Grilled peanut butter sandwiches with banana, bacon, and marshmallow cream. YUM!!!!
    one of my favorites
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Okay elvis
    fuck elvis. lol :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My type c cable is starting to die guess I better order one from my desk
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: My type c cable is starting to die guess I better order one from my desk