Homebrew Gen Plus GX

SSSMOKN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been looking and all I can find for Gen Plus is the older gui of the emulator. I have seen a newer one that looks just like the SNES and FCEU GX emulators. Does this exist to the public yet? If so where can I find it please.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
there is no difference between GX or not GX, only lazy people not writing the emulator full names
all emulators versions always used GX hardware

This is a compiled version from the work-in-progress SVN version, apparently not finished yet (some menus still use the old style)

sl33p

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks..but the link is not available. Strange that the latest builds of the Genesis emulator is so tough to track down.

M-A-F-I-A

Trophies
Website
forum.fobby.net
XP
Country
Italy
UranusKiller said:
why post builds here? more people will end up questioning bugs which eke-eke will know himself as said.... also you don't want what happened with wii64 where they stop syncing new svn changes.

Nobody prevents to report bugs on googlecode.

If he can not compile the revision, he can not test the emulator and find any defects.

This is the link to report the bug:

http://code.google.com/p/genplus-gx/updates/list

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
http://code.google.com/p/genplus-gx/wiki/Compiling

QUOTE said:
Disclaimer

This project is under the GPL licence, this means that the sourcecode should always be made available to anyone asking for it and should be included with any modified binaries.

You might want to compile the sourcecode yourself from current SVN for various reasons:

* to test the current build before it is officially released
* to implement your own features.

However, I would appreciate if you respect the following points:

* current SVN build should always be considered as unstable and work in progress: you are free to compile the current source code but don't complain about bugs and don't make any public binary distribution from this. You can always get the last stable code from the tagged versions.

* you can modify the sourcecode as you want but in order to keep this project clean and structured, I would ask you to keep ANY private build for yourself and to avoid public distribution of derivative works. If you think the modification you made should be implemented in an official release, please contact me: I would eventually include them and obviously give all the credits to you.

Reporting bugs on beta versions is useless and generally lead to release delay because it distracts the developper on things less important since those bugs are usually minor or very specific case defects, when it's not error on the user side.
And I'm sure developpers are well aware about major defects you eventually noticed, remember they are knowing & testing their program more than you do.

RODIFIRE

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I try this emulator and when I want to exit its get a black screen and have some letters and numbers
and somewhere say: stack dump, code dump
and I must press the power buton to hard reset Wii
the same screen and problem I have and with snes9x when I press the home buttono save While playing and give me this screen when I press home button not in a row
how can I fix it?

M-A-F-I-A

Trophies
Website
forum.fobby.net
XP
Country
Italy
RODIFIRE said:
I try this emulator and when I want to exit its get a black screen and have some letters and numbers
the same screen and problem I have and with snes9x when I press the home buttono save While playing and give me this screen when I press home button not in a row
how can I fix it?

Post this issue at googlecode:

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
djdynamite.freeforums.org
XP
Country
Jacobeian Exactly

And NO, stop posting all ISSUES on his google code page! WE DO NOT WANT HOW THE WII64 TEAM ARE GOING ABOUT WITH THEIR PROJECT! ridiculous

eke-eke hardly has enough time developing himself, and HE HAS SAID that he tests thoroughly his changes, he knows the problems if any, so stop posting all this shit on his google code.
want to hear it from the horses mouth?

http://www.tehskeen.com/forums/showthread....919&page=31
QUOTE said:
This was just a general reminder that pointing out issues on unreleased beta versions is unecessary...

I commit code on SVN each time I add or fix something I think is important, but that does not mean no new bugs could have been introduced. In majority of cases, I'm already aware of them since the application is intensively tested. Other cases are either very specific configuration cases or user mistakes, I'm sorry I don't have the time taking care of that for now

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
M-A-F-I-A said:
RODIFIRE said:
how can I fix it?

Post this issue at googlecode:

did you even read what we posted ?
Do NOT report issues about beta compiled version, this does not help AT ALL, on the contrary
I don't know how developper have so much patience with you people, I won't, personnaly

Also, this "issue" isn't even one
It's just that some people are too stupid to figure that there is no way to "Return to Loader" when you didn't use a Loader (and no, using it through a channel is not like using a Loader)

Use the "Return to System Menu" option and you will be fine
again, this is proof that distributing beta versions publically only lead to confusion

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
you people are seriously RETARDED

post on tehskeen today by eke-eke:
QUOTE said:
keep in mind that:
- If something is not implemented the way you would like, it's either because I have different plans or this is not beneficial to most users.
- If something is missing, it's either because it's gonna be implemented later or I think the effort is not worth the task and that it could be handled by the end-user with a minimal effort.

What I mean is that most "ideas" are already known or have already been investigated. If you have a very original idea that you think I would never have think about, then yes, go for proposal, otherwise, it's not worth, really

Quote:
PS How come there is not a compiled version of your new work with this emulator. I now know how to compile it, But for those who don't or can't to have it for download. Just another thouht I gess.
precisely to avoid bug report and features requests when it's still heavily work in progress

sourcecode is available for those who want to have a look on the progress made so far and make the effort of compiling it

binary distribution only makes end-user thinki,g this is a finished product when it's obviously not
In essence stop posting issues on the issues page WHEN it isn't released.

M-A-F-I-A

Trophies
Website
forum.fobby.net
XP
Country
Italy
You're calm and please avoid offensive comments.

I do not understand the sense of making public the revision if you can not restore the defects.

At this point, the developer should makes private the project and, only when it is ready will make it public.

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
No the END USER has the option to check on progress of the development, not go ahead and distribute binaries which cause a load of crap (ugh more more bugs, old rellease was better etc) which is why wii64 team stopped uploading their changes.
It's very easy to compile, bugs? don't mention them eke-eke knows, Simple.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
M-A-F-I-A said:
You're calm and please avoid offensive comments.

I do not understand the sense of making public the revision if you can not restore the defects.

At this point, the developer should makes private the project and, only when it is ready will make it public.

the point is to let us TEST it, not DEBUG it...
if there are bugs, that's perfectly normal, they would eventually be fixed when the official release will be out
if not, you will be free to signal issues at this moment

see this as a gift, not as a request for debugging help

Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
Waiting for R322 !!
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1