Gaming Gen D2 Battery Life

Magoo222

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've recently upgraded to Gen D2 in order to play some of the newer PSP games, and I was wondering if anyone knew what effect the "On the Fly" decrypting has on battery life? Is the game just decrypted once the first time it's loaded, or does the firmware have to constantly decrypt the game as you play? And if it is constantly decrypting it, does it make any difference to the battery life? I've noticed that my battery hasn't been lasting as long since I upgraded, but then again I've been playing more games so it's hard to tell!!

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
That red screen you see when starting a game, that's the only time its decrypting.
CFW doesn't make you battery run out longer, its the game itself, sound, the screen and how bright it is, the clock speed etc.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Magoo is asking whether the additional process incorporated in GEN D2 decreases charge time, which is a perfectly valid question as his latter option would indeed impact upon play time as there would be an additional process running the whole time....in that case a firmware WOULD have a direct effect upon the battery. The game itself is creating an additional task that the PSP has to perform.....i.e what clock speed is that decryption task running at?

In actuality it's likely that the rewrite occurs just once as the game is starting...in this instance it might have a minimal effect over the entire battery life (although i have no idea how long that decryption screen pops up for as i don't use GEN) but hardly of any consequence.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: you could say it fell out.