Translation Gekijouban Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica - The Battle Pentagram (translation project)

InochiPM

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.mackne.net
XP
Country
United States
Hey there! I have been dabbling with this game for a while and just noticed you had a thread on the translation! I have a handful of the textures translated already and i was in the middle of remaking the title screen with the logo i made if you would like them!

universal_eternity

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hey there! I have been dabbling with this game for a while and just noticed you had a thread on the translation! I have a handful of the textures translated already and i was in the middle of remaking the title screen with the logo i made if you would like them!
Sure, I would like them. The textures is always the most difficult part for me since I'm not much used to image editors, so I appreciate any help with those.

Shulia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hiii. I couldn't make this work together with the DLC. Is it even possible, or am I missing something? Thanks!

EDIT: Ok, so... I removed the DLC and redid the whole process you described. Still, it won't show the translations anymore :(

Last edited by Shulia,

universal_eternity

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hiii. I couldn't make this work together with the DLC. Is it even possible, or am I missing something? Thanks!

EDIT: Ok, so... I removed the DLC and redid the whole process you described. Still, it won't show the translations anymore :(

The DLCs shouldn't affect the trasnlation at all. They don't modify anything used by the translation, afaik they just add the models/textures needed by the costumes (it doesn't even add the text or names of those, which are actually in base game). I myself have some of the DLC and they didn't cause problems.

Do you have rePatch installed and enabled?

Shulia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The DLCs shouldn't affect the trasnlation at all. They don't modify anything used by the translation, afaik they just add the models/textures needed by the costumes (it doesn't even add the text or names of those, which are actually in base game). I myself have some of the DLC and they didn't cause problems.

Do you have rePatch installed and enabled?
I have never tried DLCs before, so I don't know if I've done everything right though. I have rePatch... Btw, how can I change their costumes after the DLC is installed?
Maybe things aren't working because my game is a gamecard?

universal_eternity

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I have never tried DLCs before, so I don't know if I've done everything right though. I have rePatch... Btw, how can I change their costumes after the DLC is installed?
Maybe things aren't working because my game is a gamecard?

The costumes are changed in the character selection screen (before a battle). With the translation, the associated button should come with "COSTUME" text in the bottom bar (although the costumes themselves aren't translated yet), in japanese it will appear as "衣装変更".

The truth is that the translation has never been tested with the gamecard version, I myself want to get one of those to test. I think it has the same game id (PCSG00214), but if it wasn't the case, then it wouldn't work. (also not sure on well repatch works with gamecard games, but supossedly it is supported). In any case, if the translator program didn't give you any error, at the very least the EBOOT.BIN of the gamecard version is identical.

Could you take a look at ur0:tai/config.txt to confirm there is a line with rePatch.prx?

sipopi

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello! Thanks for this work <3 i've just buy a psvita and really want to play madoka full in english! How are you going with translation?

froid_san

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
also, do you happen to know any communities for translation scene? Or is it one of those things I will have to play by ear and figure it out myself?

Kinda late but there's this discord server Fans Translator Int. made by the one who created Kuriimu2 here on GBAtemp.

Then I frequent visit Zenhax or Xentax forums for reverse engineering help of game files if I can't google tools.

ChuckGreeneTiR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IDK if this has something to do with how the patch works or how the emulator handles decryption, but the game crashes (Vita 3k) or runs into an error message (real Vita) with the current version of the patch if you use the files decrypted by the emulator. Using the Real Vita version files seems to work as intended though

froid_san

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
IDK if this has something to do with how the patch works or how the emulator handles decryption, but the game crashes (Vita 3k) or runs into an error message (real Vita) with the current version of the patch if you use the files decrypted by the emulator. Using the Real Vita version files seems to work as intended though
The decrypted eboot from the vita3k is kinda different and can't be used for eboot patching and the one that came from a real vita can be. So that's the problem you are having.

learned that the hard way when I tried to patch the uncharted eboot with the debug menus and can't seem t get it working using the decypted eboot from the Vita3k. redid the eboot patching this time using fagdec and it worked fine. Well that was last month dunno if the recent vita3k build fixes that.

Last edited by froid_san,

ChuckGreeneTiR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The decrypted eboot from the vita3k is kinda different and can't be used for eboot patching and the one that came from a real vita can be. So that's the problem you are having.

learned that the hard way when I tried to patch the uncharted eboot with the debug menus and can't seem t get it working using the decypted eboot from the Vita3k. redid the eboot patching this time using fagdec and it worked fine. Well that was last month dunno if the recent vita3k build fixes that.
I'm using the most recent version of Vita3k, so its still an issue, unfortunately

universal_eternity

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

Well, back when I tested, the file decrypted by the emulator (and later patched by my program) worked in the emulator (it didn't in real Vita, though, I suspect because the emulator decompresses the file too, while FAGDec and the PC tool leave the compress part as it is), but my Vita3K build is now several months old.

Last edited by universal_eternity,

universal_eternity

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Updated to version 0.3 (Link is in the Step 1)

Changelog:
- Overall: ~80%
- Main story at 80%
- Added translation of all friends and combination magic of following pairs: Homura-Mami, Homura-Kyoko and Sayaka-Mami. (Total: 80% complete)
- Special events: 80%
- A big part of the GUI is now translated thanks to the textures of InochiPM
- Stage objectives: all stages up to day 24.

Many thanks to InochiPM, the GUI translation is now close to done. (still missing some parts here and there)
Next version will be the "99%" one with the full story translated.

Gogeta741

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Updated to version 0.3 (Link is in the Step 1)

Changelog:
- Overall: ~80%
- Main story at 80%
- Added translation of all friends and combination magic of following pairs: Homura-Mami, Homura-Kyoko and Sayaka-Mami. (Total: 80% complete)
- Special events: 80%
- A big part of the GUI is now translated thanks to the textures of InochiPM
- Stage objectives: all stages up to day 24.

Many thanks to InochiPM, the GUI translation is now close to done. (still missing some parts here and there)
Next version will be the "99%" one with the full story translated.
Can you make a copy/paste folder to add to repatch folder on Reddit maybe when all is done? I don't know if one is already available, I could not find any. Really hyped to play this. Thank you so much. :)

Reactions: Cris1997XX

ArtsyDemon89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I copied the PCSG file into ux0:/patch/ and now the game says it's corrupted. I tried to find the ux0:/rePatch folder but it wasn't there. Any help?

universal_eternity

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I copied the PCSG file into ux0:/patch/ and now the game says it's corrupted. I tried to find the ux0:/rePatch folder but it wasn't there. Any help?

The patch folder is for encrypted files, rePatch is for decrypted. The patch files generated by the program are decrypted.
If the folder doesnt' exist, create it. Anyway, remember that rePatch must be installed too.

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
The game doesn't look TOO hot, but hey, it's Madoka, plus another translation is always nice. Can't wait for the next patch.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I looked up this game it looks interesting but is it the same as “Puella Magi Madoka Magica - The Battle Pentagram?

Edit: it appears to be the same game from what I saw, it looks really fun, is the translation complete or should I wait on the project? By all accounts take all the time you need.

Last edited by sonictopfan,

haojiezhe12345

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Edit:
Translations for day 24+ have been done!
drive google com /file/d/1LfqiQMTkh8POyuWPF7Xu-xWGBgReWMAU/view?usp=sharing
Extract the zip, select all the files inside and copy them to HolyPentagram/translations/english, overwrite any existing files
then run HolyPentagram.exe, you'll get all my translations!

Original:
I think I can help you translate the scripts after Day 24, as I'm playing the game thoroughly. Can I send you the files when the translation is made?

Moreover, do you know how to do font hacks? I tried translating the game into Chinese, but some fonts do not display normally.

So far, I have translated them to Day 28, and it's scheduled to be done in the next week.
1665910074526.png

Last edited by haojiezhe12345,

universal_eternity

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I think I can help you translate the scripts after Day 24, as I'm playing the game thoroughly. Can I send you the files when the translation is made?

Moreover, do you know how to do font hacks? I tried translating the game into Chinese, but some fonts do not display normally.

So far, I have translated them to Day 28, and it's scheduled to be done in the next week.
View attachment 332168

Thanks. That would be of great help. Atm, I haven't looked at the font hacking. It's something that I wanted to do after the 99% update, so the last 1% would mainly constist in the font hacking and re-translation of mission names/description once smaller letters are available. I'll try to do in some way that would allow people to introduce other language letters too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Happy birthday!