Translation Gekijouban Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica - The Battle Pentagram (translation project)

InochiPM

Newcomer
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
www.mackne.net
XP
Country
United States
Hey there! I have been dabbling with this game for a while and just noticed you had a thread on the translation! I have a handful of the textures translated already and i was in the middle of remaking the title screen with the logo i made if you would like them!

universal_eternity

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hey there! I have been dabbling with this game for a while and just noticed you had a thread on the translation! I have a handful of the textures translated already and i was in the middle of remaking the title screen with the logo i made if you would like them!
Sure, I would like them. The textures is always the most difficult part for me since I'm not much used to image editors, so I appreciate any help with those.

Shulia

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hiii. I couldn't make this work together with the DLC. Is it even possible, or am I missing something? Thanks!

EDIT: Ok, so... I removed the DLC and redid the whole process you described. Still, it won't show the translations anymore :(

Last edited by Shulia,

universal_eternity

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hiii. I couldn't make this work together with the DLC. Is it even possible, or am I missing something? Thanks!

EDIT: Ok, so... I removed the DLC and redid the whole process you described. Still, it won't show the translations anymore :(

The DLCs shouldn't affect the trasnlation at all. They don't modify anything used by the translation, afaik they just add the models/textures needed by the costumes (it doesn't even add the text or names of those, which are actually in base game). I myself have some of the DLC and they didn't cause problems.

Do you have rePatch installed and enabled?

Shulia

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The DLCs shouldn't affect the trasnlation at all. They don't modify anything used by the translation, afaik they just add the models/textures needed by the costumes (it doesn't even add the text or names of those, which are actually in base game). I myself have some of the DLC and they didn't cause problems.

Do you have rePatch installed and enabled?
I have never tried DLCs before, so I don't know if I've done everything right though. I have rePatch... Btw, how can I change their costumes after the DLC is installed?
Maybe things aren't working because my game is a gamecard?

universal_eternity

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I have never tried DLCs before, so I don't know if I've done everything right though. I have rePatch... Btw, how can I change their costumes after the DLC is installed?
Maybe things aren't working because my game is a gamecard?

The costumes are changed in the character selection screen (before a battle). With the translation, the associated button should come with "COSTUME" text in the bottom bar (although the costumes themselves aren't translated yet), in japanese it will appear as "衣装変更".

The truth is that the translation has never been tested with the gamecard version, I myself want to get one of those to test. I think it has the same game id (PCSG00214), but if it wasn't the case, then it wouldn't work. (also not sure on well repatch works with gamecard games, but supossedly it is supported). In any case, if the translator program didn't give you any error, at the very least the EBOOT.BIN of the gamecard version is identical.

Could you take a look at ur0:tai/config.txt to confirm there is a line with rePatch.prx?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NeoGaming @ NeoGaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMxuHJoi4RA