Gaming GeForce 7300SE/7200 GS?

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I'm planning to play DMC 4 on my PC. That said, CAPCOM says the recommended sytem is 2GB RAM (OK), 8GB Free Space (OK), Intel Core 2 DUO (OK), I have Windows (Vista) (OK), DirectX 9c/10 (OK), SoundCard DirectX Compatible (OK), and the last is nVidia GeForce 8600 512MB.

An acquiantance of mine told me that "512MB of Graphic Card is useless, it's the processor that matters, 256MB is enough, use 512MB for dual-screen", so I end up taking a graphic card he recomended (GeForce 7300 256MB, I never actually know such a name exist until he told me, and I swallowed evrything he said completely)

The problem is with TuneUp Utilities, The system Information tels me that my Graphic Card is nVidia GeForce 7300 SE/7200 GS. And that leavse me confused, do I have 2 Graphic Card (which is completely impossible, as I only ordered one), or the computer itself isn't sure of my Graphic Card?

And, if you know, can my PC play DMC 4 well? Not only Run it. I tried to play Hitman 4 at full graphic setting and the game is too laggy to even select "graphic" option

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
Lol you bought the most budget of budget cards. I don't know what the hell you're thinking you could play anything at full settings. That card could probably not even play anything on 1024x768 on low.

I suggest you return this card and get a HD3650 or 8500/8600gt.

Trippy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Strength of the vid card is usually the xy00 y part for nvidia cards. The 6600 trumps the 7300. 7300/7200 is crappy budget.

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Aw, shit. I knew something was wrong with this card, if only I had known better..... the clerk told me the system is just too weak, and this acquaintance of mine said it's OK...... and he asked me will I use this computer for gaming!

I can't return this card, I'm just a kid, and have no authorities over things that is expensive. Even more, I don't know whether will my mum allow me to trade it for better card, she can't even boot a computer, and whatever I say, she won't understand

I guess I can only hope for the best. What reason can I use to ask for this card's trade? Not considering the fact that maybe they don't do refund... *sigh*.

I never knew anything about Graphic Cards. I thought the bigger the number, the better it is, never have I thought there's such a code as xy00 in nVidia world..........

P.S.: Somehow, Hitman 4 works good, I disabled Self-Shadowing and Vsync and it works fine even with other settings at max and in 1024x768 res. Oddly, when I tried to increase the graphic by enabling anti-aliasing, the game performs slightly better (on mission 2). I enabled another thing (what was that again? it has this 16x value, anti-aliasing is 4x) and it works even smoother! Sometimes I wonder about this odd world......

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse