Geez, Amazon is taking their sweet time

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I placed my order at Amazon at the beginning of December but one of the items (a manga for my sister) wasn't going to be released until December 12th according to them (I saw it a Walden Books a couple days before Amazon's release date though). Since I chose the free shipping option, I had to have all 4 items shipped at once in one box so I had to wait for the release date to come by. The release date has come and gone and my order updated to "Items ready to ship" Well, that's just fine and dandy. But it has said that now for 4 whole days...if it's ready to ship...why don't they ship the blasted thing? I'm getting a little scared if it's going to make it in time for Christmas.

EDIT: Man, I seem to be in a really bad mood today...what the heck? My 3rd semester of college just ended...I should be happy...but I'm just feeling blah...

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dam amazon ussauly are fast as well. and ussaly you get stiff the same date as its released. hope you get it by xmas if you dont complain
biggrin.gif
and maybe you will get a free gift:D

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would never trust free shipping this close to Christmas honestly.

Yeah, but Amazon says that there are still a couple days left still to order and use free shipping to get your items before Christmas and I was expecting it to ship, you know...on the release date. I'm just wondering if I should send them an e-mail or not. I'm always afraid that as soon as I open my mouth, I'll re-check my account and see it's been shipped.

bionicspider

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Same here. I was enticed by the buzz surrounding "Free Super Saver Shipping" and the allure of "Guaranteed to arrive before the 25th" pitch , placed my order on the 12th, and I'm still awaiting for them to ship it out. I didn't even receive a confirmation email; if it wasn't for the "waiting to be shipped" status on my account, I wouldn't know what was going on.

As stated above, it's probably my fault for opting for the free shipping so close to Christmas.

shtonkalot

Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jumpman17, I would definitely send an email. It can't hurt.
You may want to have the order page open when writing it and check it hasn't sent just before you send the email. You can then include the time you checked last in the email too.

Don't despair though, it'll either make it in time or it won't. The best you can do is put on some pressure through emails.

Hope you get it quickly and don't be afraid to contact them. They won't delay your order because you contact them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup