Hacking GeeXBoX 0.1 alpha1 is released!!!!!

wii94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
GeeXBoX 0.1 alpha1 is now released for the wii.

Download:

Password: wii94

Video:

Quote:
Farter has once again updated the Media Player for the Wii, heres the full details:

GeeXboX is a media player software. It can play videos, play music (with visualization) and display photo slideshows.

Major new features: bluetooth (remote control, obex file push, networking and audio partially working), USB storage, USB Ethernet, http/telnet/ftp server, netstreaming, image viewer, goom visuals for audio playback, .... Most of the new features are fully or partially tested, some are not, yet.

20080730: 0.1alpha1. Feature improvement release.

NTSC/PAL autodection (supposed to work)
improved support for widescreen mode
aspect ratio software compensation support
improved Wiimote connection/reconnection routine
user-friendlier handling of boot failure.

noONE

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
All i want is Divx/Xvid and MKV with subtitle support, without hickups, and i'm pleased.
network streaming would be nice too..

interesting to see how this develops..
smile.gif

JimmyBobAlex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
readme said:
USB performance: Wii USB interface is supposedly 1.1, meaning the max speed is 12Mbps, or slightly over 1MB/s. So as of this release, front SD is probably still faster than any other storage media usable, including network shares, although not by that much. In addition, USB is resource-costly and current implementation of USB in linux for Wii is buggy. So don't expect performance of USB devices on Wii to be comparable to what you get on your PC. Nevertheless, USB 2.0 devices are still preferable.

The one xvid file I tried briefly on my usb stick seemed to run pretty smooth. The only new things I would want is some kind of option to crop/zoom the video. Changing the aspect ratio in the settings file doesn't really cut it. Also the chapter previous and next didn't seem to work whereas in mplayer-wii they do because I'm assuming it uses the avi keyframes.

xboxreloaded

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
wii94 said:

Download:

Video:

Quote:
Farter has once again updated the Media Player for the Wii, heres the full details:

GeeXboX is a media player software. It can play videos, play music (with visualization) and display photo slideshows.

Major new features: bluetooth (remote control, obex file push, networking and audio partially working), USB storage, USB Ethernet, http/telnet/ftp server, netstreaming, image viewer, goom visuals for audio playback, .... Most of the new features are fully or partially tested, some are not, yet.

hallo mein freund meinst du es klapt wenn cbt & du nen channel macht ???

grüße

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The controls for this program are EXTREMELY buggy, sometimes to the point where I want to give up. It would not even pick up on my Wii remote and I had to use my GameCube controller. My wired controller works a bit better than my WaveBird and yes, they are both official controllers. I will admit that the video playback was almost spot on (a heck of alot better than M-Player or MFE which freezes after a few minutes). I tried a episode of Power Rangers Jungle Fury in .mp4 format and the quality was great. Considering that this was a very action heavy episode with lots of "splosions", colorful special attacks and bullet time, things ran pretty well
smile.gif
. Now if thing only had Bushing's DVD library, I would love to be able to watch one of may seasons of the many shows I have on data DVD. To whoever created this program...FIX THE DAMN CONTROLLER BUGGINESS!!!

Shuny

I'm in yr forum, reading yr postz
Trophies
Website
www.shunyweb.info
XP
Country
France
xboxreloaded said:
wii94 said:

Download:

Video:

Quote:

grüße

Is your e-mail gekommen ?

wii94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
xboxreloaded said:
wii94 said:

Download:

Video:

Quote:

grüße

wenn Cyber-T damit einvferstanden ist, dann kan ich den banner und icon machen und er die wad
wink.gif

geegee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still no wifi support? That makes net streaming kinda useless for most people...

Guess we just have to wait for the next release
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr