Geek on the Gym

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Mucuna, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Mucuna
    OP

Mucuna GBAtemp Fan

Jul 28, 2006
    Brazil
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Ok, I'd probaly be seen as a freak to other people, but maybe I can tell ya that. [​IMG]

I go to to the gym about 5-6 times a week. I run for 45 minutes and then 45 more minutes of weigth lifting.

It is really boring to run in a machine for 45 minutes, like a hamster. What is the solution for that? An MP3 Player! Music, so you can feel stimulated.

Now begins the funny part of the story:
    At least here, everybody that goes to the gym feels stimulated by some kind f eletronic music, roughly speaking. It is nice for some ocasions, but for running/weight lifting... nah! [​IMG]

I like to listen a good and old rock n roll, like "I'm your Boogie Man" by White Zombie, "To Mega Therion" by Therion, "Symptom of the Universe", by Black Sabbath - Sepultura version and "Highway Star" by Deep Purple - this last one, alway remember me about Rock n Roll Racing, wich pleases me.

... and that's how it starts...

Video Game music make me run like a crazy. Very nice to run listening to the Zelda Theme, for example.
    More examples:
    Ninja Gaiden II and III musics;
    Super Mario World - Secret Level Music (when you must hit the big "!");
    Metal Gear Solid - Encounter (When the enemy find you and start to chase you - run!)

Anyway, I think you understood my point.

Nowadays, I am discovering some video game music that make me feels "happy" when I lift weights:
    Castlevania Theme
    God of War - The Great Sword Bridge of Athena (or "The Splendor of Athens" - I don't remember now)

Why am I telling that?
    I don't know. Maybe to know if I am the only one. Maybe it can be seen as a tip, or yet, you could give more examples/tips of video game music for gym. [​IMG]

2. Mehdi

Mehdi Lemonade by Psyfira

May 31, 2004
    Netherlands
    thanks for the tip.
    I like to jog and mp3 is a neccesity so thanks!

3. jlf278

jlf278 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 23, 2007
    United States
    My gym has lcds in front of all the cardio machines, so I just plug into those usually. But when I was on vacation recently, the gym was not so luxuriously outfitted, and I tried playing my DS lite while on excercise bike. It actually worked out pretty well, since the bike had a nice place to rest the unit. I'm sure I didn't work out as hard, but the time flew fast. I was playing FFV advance, so there weren't any issues with manual dexterity, etc. Give it a try!

4. Mucuna
    OP

Mucuna GBAtemp Fan

Jul 28, 2006
    Brazil
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    "The Great Sword Bridge of Athena" of God of War was a pleasent surprise to me when on the weights.

When you are in the end of the exercise and you can't stand it anymore, you listen the music and drains a little more from you.

Almost look up and yell "AAAAREEEEEES!!!!".

5. RayorDragonFall

RayorDragonFall I see you've played knifey-spoony before.

Mar 15, 2003
    I listen to the BGM of Phoenix Wright (the first one, seconds not as good), lol.
    I use the on when you discover the truth as an alarm tune too [​IMG]

RDF

6. spokenrope

spokenrope c7

May 26, 2006
    United States
    Wow. That sounds like an awesome idea. I'm gonna get some video game music on my mp3 player right now.

7. R2DJ

R2DJ GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 30, 2008
    London
    LOL Try Tenacious D music. That helps.

"Can't you see he's the man lemme hear you applaud..."

Or Through the Fire and Flames and anything else Luchador.