Hacking geckos codes

fst312

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got some gecko os codes from this website http://www.geckocodes.org/ for wiiware games and i don't know how to use them.i downloaded .gct codes and put them in a codes folder.i only made a codes folder because i seen in a youtube video code manager being used and it made a codes folder if i'm correct.i haven't used the program but i have it.
i found the link for it here http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=117367
when i download the zip the file name is ocarina.by any chance are these codes just going to work using ocarina.
take note i never used cheat codes on the wii in general so this is going to be my first time.
just to let everybody know i downloaded codes for wiiware. that is what i'm trying to make the codes work on.

MissingNo._

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is my method:
I first go here for codes.
After I get to the page for the codes for the game I want to have codes for, I click on the picture with the down arrow followed by 'txt'.
I choose to download it into a spot that I'll remember where it is.
I then run Code Manager on my PC; the download for it is here: .Code Manager.rar; it's my upload. It may go down after a while.
I then go to 'File', and the 'Open TXT File'.
I open the txt file I just downloaded.
I then check the boxes next to the cheats I want to use.
After I'm done, I go to 'File', and then 'Export to GCT'.
I then choose to install it in the SD card's 'codes' folder.

I was originally going to post a guide about using it with Gecko OS, but that's only for Wii Discs. You'll have to find a guide for running them on WiiWare.
Sorry about this.

I hope that this helped you!
~MissingNo.

fst312

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm going to have to do some searching for a guide for wiiware.i feel like the instructions you gave me i tried.when you gave me my first answer for my thread i redownloaded code manager from the link you provided.when i opened the program i noticed it gave description when the code kicks in.i'm trying to get codes for blaster master over drive to work.i stopped playing for a long time now becauuse i'm stuck on the 5th boss.anyway way the usual thing happened to me when i used gecko no codes found in sd.

i think i'm going to try to follow your instructions again not to sure if it matters but when i saved my code file i first put it on a folder on my desktop before i put it on my sd card.

any way thanks for your reply.

hoosier_d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the proper method for getting gecko codes to work with gamecube backups. I am able to get them to work with wii games and wii game backups, just never been able to accomplish gamecube cheats through homebrew yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back