geckos codes

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by fst312, Mar 20, 2010.

1. fst312
    OP

fst312 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 4, 2008
    United States
    New York
    i got some gecko os codes from this website http://www.geckocodes.org/ for wiiware games and i don't know how to use them.i downloaded .gct codes and put them in a codes folder.i only made a codes folder because i seen in a youtube video code manager being used and it made a codes folder if i'm correct.i haven't used the program but i have it.
    i found the link for it here http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=117367
    when i download the zip the file name is ocarina.by any chance are these codes just going to work using ocarina.
    take note i never used cheat codes on the wii in general so this is going to be my first time.
    just to let everybody know i downloaded codes for wiiware. that is what i'm trying to make the codes work on.

2. MissingNo._

MissingNo._ aka MissingNoL

Apr 12, 2009
    United States
    Greater Bay Area, California
    This is my method:
    I first go here for codes.
    After I get to the page for the codes for the game I want to have codes for, I click on the picture with the down arrow followed by 'txt'.
    I choose to download it into a spot that I'll remember where it is.
    I then run Code Manager on my PC; the download for it is here: [​IMG].Code Manager.rar; it's my upload. It may go down after a while.
    I then go to 'File', and the 'Open TXT File'.
    I open the txt file I just downloaded.
    I then check the boxes next to the cheats I want to use.
    After I'm done, I go to 'File', and then 'Export to GCT'.
    I then choose to install it in the SD card's 'codes' folder.

I was originally going to post a guide about using it with Gecko OS, but that's only for Wii Discs. You'll have to find a guide for running them on WiiWare.
    Sorry about this.

I hope that this helped you!
    ~MissingNo.

3. fst312
    OP

fst312 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 4, 2008
    United States
    New York
    i'm going to have to do some searching for a guide for wiiware.i feel like the instructions you gave me i tried.when you gave me my first answer for my thread i redownloaded code manager from the link you provided.when i opened the program i noticed it gave description when the code kicks in.i'm trying to get codes for blaster master over drive to work.i stopped playing for a long time now becauuse i'm stuck on the 5th boss.anyway way the usual thing happened to me when i used gecko no codes found in sd.

i think i'm going to try to follow your instructions again not to sure if it matters but when i saved my code file i first put it on a folder on my desktop before i put it on my sd card.

any way thanks for your reply.

4. hoosier_d

hoosier_d Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 1, 2009
    United States
    What is the proper method for getting gecko codes to work with gamecube backups. I am able to get them to work with wii games and wii game backups, just never been able to accomplish gamecube cheats through homebrew yet.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice