GeckoOS hanging/freezing/stopping on "Launching game"

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by 11kaboose11, Dec 17, 2008.

1. 11kaboose11

Newcomer 11kaboose11 Newbie

Dec 17, 2008
    So far i have created 2 threads on the subject of not being able to run SSBB DVD5 with playable SSE(btw these where on another forum wich i probably wont use anymore, no one ever wants to help =/), i have a modchip (wiikey 1.9s) and a us wii(3.2u) and i have the HBC.

First thread:
    Ok so my wii is one of those really old ones that were in the first productions that now wont play DL discs, one week before SSBB coming out i had tried the DVD5 jap version and loved it, thats the one i played because i couldnt play the DVD9. Anyway a few months ago i stumble upon a guide on how to make a NTSC-US DVD5 SSBB with fully playable SSE so i go what the heck and do it. Everythings working fine until i update by mistake to 3.3 or 3.4(forget wich one) and the disc wont be read anymore. I dont do anything bout it for a bit then i look to see if there is a way downgrade turns out there was and now i have HBC and im downgraded to 3.0u I update my wiikey to 1.9s update to 3.1u using brawl cd and it STILL wont work any help PLEASE?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^in that thread i was suggested to boot SSBB with geckoOS or region free gecko, but i couldnt get the menu up.

In my second thread i explained what was happening, No menu with geckoOS.

But after ALOT of googling (is that a word ? hehe)i figured out that if you have something in any Gamecube slots some apps might not work, i can now see the menu, and press Launch game.

BUT now, i put in the dvd press launch game and it says "Launching game, Language: DEFAULT" and it just hangs there, nothing happens.

Any suggestions? im kind of still a noob with this stuff.

Please, i really want to play ssbb [​IMG].
  2. afif95

Member afif95 I own a bungalow on Mars, and booked 4 corner lots

Nov 24, 2008
    Since you burnt the game....

Do you have a modchip?
    If you do, try forcing NTSC although the disc is already NTSC.

Try using some other loader, like Backup Launcher Gamma or SoftChip
  3. vegeta4ss

Member vegeta4ss GBAtemp Regular

Nov 16, 2008
    United States
    was that dvd5 version of ssbb trucha signed? If so, it would load on 3.3 menu and below but not on 3.4.