GeckoOS Errors with Channel Loading/Sometimes SD Codes

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by ayojoe, Jul 2, 2009.

1. ayojoe
    OP

Newcomer ayojoe Advanced Member

United States
    Hey all, I keep getting the "Error Getting Channel List" message on GeckoOS when trying to load channels through it. I've looked at one guide here and it confuses me, and goes way out of the way of what I have installed on my Wii. My second problem is that GeckoOS sometimes does not recognize my codes for games like Brawl when I clearly have the appropriate .GCT set up in my codes folder. Here are the stats of what was done to my Wii in order:

Downgraded IOS35

Installed IOS35.wad w/ WAD Manager

Installed CIOSv7.wad by WAD Manager 1.4, BUT then upgraded to CIOS36rev10 by boot.dol

The guide I linked to above talks about downgrading all of my IOS up to 36, using NUS Downloader, and a bunch of other confusing stuff (including downgrading my my CIOS to rev9). It's really something I'd rather not do.

Is there any way I can use channel loading for hacks in my situation of what's installed on my Wii, without having to use that complex guide? Also, how do I fix the occasional Gecko not finding my SD Codes for games trick..? It's like a 50/50 thing whether it recognizes codes or not but I'm suspicious it's a disc drive reading thing. Anyways, I need more primary help on the channel loading problem so if you could please help with that first, as it is more important to me at the moment.

Thanks for your time.

2. RagnarokSam

Newcomer RagnarokSam Advanced Member

United States
    i'm actually having the same issue as you, except i've followed all the steps and still get the error message. (when i tried to follow the last step it failed at the end for 3 of the downloads.)

3. RagnarokSam

United States
    actually, never mind. running the last program again solved the issue.

4. RagnarokSam

United States
    turns out it is indeed necessary to follow all the steps in that guide for it to work, there isn't any workaround for it. luckily the directions are pretty easy to follow, even if you dont know what the steps are for.

5. ayojoe
    OP

Newcomer ayojoe Advanced Member

United States
    What if my IOS35 is already downgraded and trucha-patched? Could I still get it to work?