ayojoe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii System Info is in my sig, in order.

I keep getting the "Error Loading Channel List" message when I go to load channels in GeckoOS 1.9.1. I heard I need to trucha-patch other IOS for it to work but I'm not sure. Can someone explain what I need to do to get Channel Loading to work in Gecko 1.9.1.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hm...Gecko 1.91 does this for me as well (4.0U wii, preloader, no bootmii cuz i've been too lazy to install it). I couldn't fix it either.

I have all my IOSes trucha patched, so its not likely an issue. (actually, never updated them in the first place).

Appearently, we're not alone either. Seems others have an issue with the channels functions too - This was posted on wiibrew at http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Talk:Geck:wtf:S#HELP.21.21

QUOTE said:
Whenever I select launch channel, I always get an error that says "No channel list found".What am I doing wrong? I'm on 3.4u, and I'm kind of a noob. Any help would be appreciated.WaxyPumpkin72 23:55, 29 April 2009 (UTC)WaxyPumpkin72

While it isn't the same message that you mentioned in the PM you sent me, it is probably related. These channel functions have issues on my other wii as well (3.2U, starfalled), so its likely its just buggy software.

ayojoe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure what it has to do with really. I've investigated here towards the last 4-6 posts of the 11th page. WiiPower and I want to know which IOS needs the trucha patch for channel loading/VC and WiiWare codes. I talked to WaxyPumpkin about it on Wiibrew Forums and he said it doesn't work with 4.0. Nuke said there's some incompatibility in that topic on the link.

The fact that all your IOS have the trucha bug and it still doesn't work confuses me even more. Any other suggestions? Does anyone else know what we have to do to get this to work?

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
what makes it even more confusing is i have a 3.2E wii with all trucha ios still intact, all my other wiiware titles load via gecko 1.9.3.1 but sonic 4, it just won't load and comes up with this error "error loading channel press B to restart", i have tried all hook modes and still nothing, i have tried to load without codes, still gives a error, i can't have any problems with my Wii because i am on 3.2E and my other wiiware titles still work, i just can't figure out why sonic 4 won't load with cheat codes enabled.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
help please.
angry.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.