Hacking Gecko Region Free 1.5 crashing

boobooman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey all just installed the new homebrew channel on my daughter jap wii so she could use the region free but it keeps crashing, black screen with some number's on screen, it loaded the first time but after booting brawl to a green screen now is happens a few sec's after it loads,

Also while im here do i need to run the update on the ntsc brawl, on a uptodate jap 3.2 console? as i removed it for my pal console and it works fine but how ever i burn it for the jap wii i get black screened
frown.gif

any idea's thanks
smile.gif

Sotoro

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The current Gecko version is buggy. All PAL wii user can't play NTSC Brawl at the moment. The author is working on a new version, which will be released soon (hopefully)...

boobooman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok thanks but now it does the same on my pal wii, going to a screen with dump code on, how can i stop it happening i tried copying a new set of file on to sd card but still crashes, If i remove the channel and reinstall will that work?

callmebob

The Grandpa of Awe!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Like Sotoro said, Brawl isn´t working on PAL consoles. I can personally verify the DVD9 version doesn´t. I don´t have the DVD5 version, so I can´t comment about that. Likewise, I can´t say anything at all about Japanese console compatability.

Every other game I´ve tried works perfect. Maybe the problem will get solved for the next release. Plus there should be a channel version!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.