Gecko Region Free 1.5 crashing

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by boobooman, May 25, 2008.

May 25, 2008
  1. boobooman
    OP

Newcomer boobooman Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Hey all just installed the new homebrew channel on my daughter jap wii so she could use the region free but it keeps crashing, black screen with some number's on screen, it loaded the first time but after booting brawl to a green screen now is happens a few sec's after it loads,

Also while im here do i need to run the update on the ntsc brawl, on a uptodate jap 3.2 console? as i removed it for my pal console and it works fine but how ever i burn it for the jap wii i get black screened [​IMG]

any idea's thanks [​IMG]

2. Sotoro

Member Sotoro GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    The current Gecko version is buggy. All PAL wii user can't play NTSC Brawl at the moment. The author is working on a new version, which will be released soon (hopefully)...

3. boobooman
    OP

Newcomer boobooman Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    ok thanks but now it does the same on my pal wii, going to a screen with dump code on, how can i stop it happening i tried copying a new set of file on to sd card but still crashes, If i remove the channel and reinstall will that work?

4. Trolly

Member Trolly GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    I don't think I'm ever gonna rely on a bit of homebrew to play region free games. It's just too risky to rely on it to import games.
    Of course, I may change my mind if it ever gets to a very stable version.

5. callmebob

Member callmebob The Grandpa of Awe!

Germany
    Like Sotoro said, Brawl isn´t working on PAL consoles. I can personally verify the DVD9 version doesn´t. I don´t have the DVD5 version, so I can´t comment about that. Likewise, I can´t say anything at all about Japanese console compatability.

Every other game I´ve tried works perfect. Maybe the problem will get solved for the next release. Plus there should be a channel version!