Gecko OS + USB Loader?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by games2007, Jun 16, 2009.

Jun 16, 2009

Gecko OS + USB Loader? by games2007 at 11:55 PM (6,973 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. games2007
    OP

Member games2007 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hey guys.
    I'm right now copying SSBB to my micro-sd card through USB... and I was wondering if there was a way to load codes through Gecko and also load the game through the USB Loader?

I have stepped away from the whole homebrew scene to settle down and play the games I currently have, and to finish school.
    I'm wondering if there is some type of USB/SD Loader with built-in Gecko.
    Gecko OS 1.9 is currently the only software that will run Brawl+ correctly, as it used a large amount of codes, that old versions of Gecko OS, Ocarina, Starfall, and Backup Loaders deem to be incompatible.

I want to be able to load the game quickly from my USB device, but also load the large Brawl+ Codeset from my SD card.
    If anyone knows of a USB/SD Loader with Gecko OS Support, could you please tell me?

Thanks in advance~

2. WiiBlaster

Member WiiBlaster GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Most custom USB Loader already have Wiird support, But Neo Gamma is a really good one lets you load DVD and USB games with Wiird cheats

3. games2007
    OP

Member games2007 GBAtemp Regular

United States

*EDIT*
    I found the download.
    I hope it works like Gecko with no cheat limit ._.

4. Tux'

Member Tux' GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Can you boot with hooks also? Just curious.

5. phillyrider807

Member phillyrider807 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    As far as i know none of the usb loaders have gecko 1.9 support. They all use the old 1.7 version which means it still has the 256 limit. This is because the source for 1.9 isn't out and the creators don't intend on doing so either.

However there is a way to load brawl+ with the usb loader. You have to use the snapshot method. Loading the snapshot gct through ocarina on whatever usb loader you are using and then you load the current version of brawl+ from a snapshot. Use brawl tweaker to create the snapshots(you need the sdkey and sdiv files to create snapshots)

6. joinx

Newcomer joinx Advanced Member

Mauritius
    can i install neo gamma on modchip...coz some games not loading through gecko os 1.07b or should i get the latest gecko os ? i'm getting green screen when loading new games likes indy

7. FenrirWolf

Member FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    That's probably due to you missing some IOS if you're on an old firmware. Unblock updates and Gecko 1.9 will install the IOS from the game.