Gecko OS Not Loading Games via SD Card Port & SD Codes Won't Work via USB

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by W.A.C., Mar 10, 2014.

1. W.A.C.
    OP

W.A.C. Member

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2014
    United States
    If I use my Wii's SD card port for Gecko OS, I'm unable to load up most games without my Wii crashing before a game can start up. Alternatively, I never have this issue if I use my Wii's USB ports. But when I use a USB port, SD codes never load. Either how can I get Gecko OS working properly via SD card port or how can I get SD codes working via USB? Preferably the former over the ladder, but either works for me. Loading Gecko OS with my SD card port used to work fine, so it's quite frustrating I currently have this problem. Especially since the only reason homebrew ever interested me was because I wanted Classic Controller support for some games that didn't support it like DKCR and KRTD. I recently opened up my Wii to fix a buzzing noise issue, but I think I still had this problem prior to opening up my Wii. Any help on these issues would be highly appreciated.

2. WiiPower

WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Oct 17, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Did you try reformatting your SD card with the official SD Formatter? Your problem sounds exactly like a corrupted sd card. Everytime your Wii tries to read the corrupted files/parts, it crashes. Also, can you test another sd card?

NeoGamma might be able to load Ocarina codes from usb for you. Although it's a backup loader, it's able to load retail discs properly. Just set it to use usb as storage, enable Ocarina, set a proper hooktype and set it to load the correct IOS.

W.A.C. likes this.
  3. W.A.C.
    OP

W.A.C. Member

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2014
    United States
    I reformatted my card and that fixed my issue. Thank you very much for the help.