Gecko OS and MPlayer Probs

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by efearon, Jun 23, 2009.

1. efearon
    OP

efearon Member

Newcomer
    Sep 22, 2006
    Hi all, I've just started to get my HBC up and running and ive come into a couple of problems. My PAL wii has a Wiikey and is on 3.4E.

I had a couple of problems - first is dvd playback via mplayer. I downloaded and installed the hackmii installer from the Homebrew Channel Website, from which I installed HBC and DVDX. However there was another option there called bootmii that i was unfamiliar with so i didnt install (is that bad??). anyway so i then installed the homebrew browser. And (stupidly) downloaded DVDX again. I remembered i already did that so i went back in and uninstalled it lol. When I go into the mplayer and try and play the dvd it just doesnt load - which i think is probably due to my modchip. (Ive read a couple of times about something called patchmii_core that might help but I dont really know what this is/how to use it).

Secondly I got Excite Bots Trick Racing (the USA version) and I tried to load it through Gecko OS - but unfortunately it says could not find IOS 55 or something to that effect. Would it be ok if someone told me what this means?

Sorry to be such a bother, and I hope this is the right place to post such problems [​IMG] I've had good experience with this community in the past so any help at all will be greatly appreciated [​IMG]

Argh no really sorry I didnt mean to start a new thread - so sorry - I went to put it in the newbie thread. but I must have hit the wrong button. I know its bad to do this.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice