Gecko 1.9.3 cheats don't work? (Wii Play)

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by implosion, Dec 31, 2009.

Dec 31, 2009
  1. implosion
    OP

Newcomer implosion Newbie

United States
    Ok so I've gone through several tutorials on what to do to make the cheat codes for Gecko OS to work properly on my Wii. The game I'm trying to get the codes to work on is Wii Play, and after a couple hours fooling with the SD card and Wii, I'll just say I'm stuck. The codes don't work for some reason, and I don't know how.

I make the .txt document and use CheatManager. I then activate what codes I want. I press 1 to save the codes to a .gct file. According to all the tutorials, I simply open Gecko and run the game. According to what's happened, that doesn't work. I'm not sure what it is, but should I reinstall, or am I doing something wrong?

2. ddrsensation

Newcomer ddrsensation Member

United States
    You should try making the GCT files using the PC CheatManager Application, which works for me.

3. implosion
    OP

Newcomer implosion Newbie

United States
    I have made the files, and I've stuck them in the "codes" folder... I've tried it on the WII and the PC.

4. Fun_Zephyr

Member Fun_Zephyr GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    The GCT file MUST be named the Games ID number.

For Example New Super Mario Bros. Wii (PAL) must be called SMNP01.gct. I use to all my txt file the same name but I found that if you saved the first time Code manager was fine but a second time would save the output file as a different name.

Anyway thsi si what I do and it works prefectly:

Create a Text file and call it teh name of the game "New Super Mario Bro Wii.txt". I then place the Game ID and Title as teh first two line. I do not know if you need the title but definitely the game id. I then put in my cheats.

I use Code manager, select the cheat file I wish to create, select the cheats and then press 1 to save. Thsi causes teh GCT file to be teh GAME ID which is what Gecko looks for. This means if you want to take some cheats out or add them in next time when you save it saves over the existing gct file.

So, my New Super Mario Bro Wii.txt looks like this: (I have only placed two cheats in as an example)

SMNP01
    New Super Mario Bros Wii

Change Quick Save to Regular Save Option
    0492FD00 38000002

Always Have 98 Lives (Mario) - Keeps Hat
    04355190 00000062

My Crash Of The Titans.txt file looks like this: (I have only placed two cheats in as an example)

RQJP7D
    Crash Of The Titans

Infinite Lives
    04F84C60 00000063

Max Blue Coin
    040027FC 3B9AC9FF
    04F84B70 3B9AC9FF
    04F84B90 3B9AC9FF

Infinite Health
    48000000 80CCADA4
    DE000000 80008180
    14000000 42B40000
    E0000000 80008000

You can either get the ID from Gecko as it displays it before the game starts OR from http://www.geckocodes.org/ (Also get cheats from there too)

Also ensure Cheats are enabled in the config of Gecko.

I hope this helps