Gecko 1.9.3.1 doesn't work on my 4.2U wii???

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Karen2756, Jan 13, 2011.

Jan 13, 2011
  1. Karen2756
    OP

Newcomer Karen2756 Newbie

Canada
    Hi everyone! Newbie here! yaywii.gif

I have a soft-modded wii (4.2U) with HBC and USB Loader and also NeoGamma. I bought EA Sports ACTIVE 2 last week and the game requires an update to be able to even dream playing it..... I know I SHOULDN'T do that update so I went looking for solutions... I discovered your forum!

There is a thread on the subject already but it seems dead, so I try to bring the subject back to life as I REALLYYYYYYYYYYY need your help!

The guys in the thread said that by installing Gecko they could play the game without doing the dreaded update.... So I tried it! But it doesn't seem to work...

I downloaded the latest Gecko (the one I have to use) put it on my sd card and loaded it through HBC... All I get is a black screen.... Nothing happens!!! It doesn't work!

Can someone help me???? Pretty please??? I really need Gecko to make my game work!!!!!!!! angry.gif

Thanks in advance....

2. Shano56

Member Shano56 noobie

United States
    Black screens can mean a lot of things, but usually it means missing IOS. Use dop-mii or a similar program to make sure you have IOS56.

3. Karen2756
    OP

Canada
    ok... forgive the newbie question, but can I download the ios56 as a wad and install it with wad manager??? I do not have Dop-Mii...

I also forgot to say my wii isn't connected to the internet....

4. vpd

Member vpd GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Yes, use ModMii to get wads of any IOS's you may need.

*EDIT* and use something like priiloader to block updates.

5. Karen2756
    OP

Canada
    Thank you VPD, I'm gonna try this for sure... I hope it makes my Gecko work!!!

6. Lacius

Member Lacius GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I'm pretty sure Gecko OS 1.9.3.1 requires a patched version of IOS36. Gecko OS mod by WiiPower uses IOS236 instead. Alternatively, you can install Priiloader with hacks and set it to block disc updates on your Wii.

7. sorn1977

Newcomer sorn1977 Newbie

United States
    Hi. a quick question if i could. i have just bought an SD Gecko as i want to back up my games. i have downloaded Cios dvd dumper V1.2 to my pv, but im wondering how to get it onto the homebrew channel on my wii. can i just drag and drop the .dol file to the sd or is it a little more complicated than that? i would really appreciate a step by step if anyone knows and can spare the time to help! thanks

8. doyama

Member doyama GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Hello this topic has been extensively researched and documented in another thread. I can confirm that the game will work via Gecko 1.9.3 using the USB stick using the retail disc. It also works on any soft-modded Wii using USB Loader GX IF you have loaded CIOS249 in a specific way.

http://gbatemp.net/t265122-wii-active-2-ne...t&p=3292701

I've been playing the European version of the game using USB controllers purchased in America with no issues for several months now using a channel forwarder.

It's odd because GeckOS usually works fine, it's getting it to work via a USB Loader where you can have issues if you didn't use IOS56 as the base for the CIOS249 install. Are you getting a black screen when starting GeckOS or when starting the game? The game will run even without IOS56, it just won't sync the USB devices.

9. Karen2756
    OP

Canada
    IT WORKED!!!!!!! My game plays correctly! I am sooooooooooooooo unbelievably happy!!!!! Thanks to everyone who helped me!!!!!