Gears of War Triple Pack Invading Retail Feb. 15

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Livin in a box, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Livin in a box
    OP

Member Livin in a box Livin' in a cardboard box

United Kingdom
    Microsoft has revealed that the Gears of War franchise will be hitting retail in early 2011, after all. Now, don't get too excited. Today's news has nothing to do with Gears of War 3, which is still delayed. Nor is today's scoop in reference to the canceled Gears-based announcement from the Spike VGAs.

Instead, Microsoft revealed it is prepping a re-release for all Xbox 360 Gears of War content in one convenient package.

Already spoiled by a retail listing a few weeks back, the Gears of War Triple Pack will include Gears of War, Gears of War 2, and the Gears 2 DLC collection "All Fronts." The set arrived in stores on February 15 and will retail for $30.

The All Fronts Collection adds 19 multiplayer maps, along with a new chapter in the single-player campaign (dubbed "Road to Ruin") that sees brosephs Marcus and Dom play dress-up as a pair of Locust warriors.

While the majority of the content is available on the disc, downloadable content for Gears of War is not. However, Microsoft notes that the original Gears of War content will be "available for download on Xbox Live at no additional charge."[/p]
    Source

Sounds like a pretty good pack to be honest, might have to buy this myself seeing as I haven't touched 1 and 2.

2. ZeroTm

Member ZeroTm GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Will buy it, even though I already own Gears of War 2 with all dlc. Though the name is kinda stupid, it is not really a triple pack, as the lost chapter is not really a campaign, but wateva.

3. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    I guess it seems like a decent deal if you like Gears of War but Gears 3 will be out later this year. I guess if you really could find yourself playing Gears 2 for a few months then it's worth it (although honestly I thought both games were pretty mediocre) then it's worth it, but otherwise probably not.

4. 431unknown

Member 431unknown Greatness Awaits

United States
    Sounds interesting, but I'm not really interested. They should just wait and do this with Gears 3 in there instead of the DLC.

5. geminisama

Member geminisama Metsu

United States
    I was planning on getting Gears 2 GOTY shortly, so this is great news for me.