Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
gow-2.jpg

"Potential blockbuster? Or another candidate for the Uwe Boll awards? (Ok, there's no Uwe Boll awards... but there should be.) Director Len Wiseman has big, big plans for the Gears of War movie. And he isn't even a gamer. He admits as much:

QUOTE said:
I suck at video games, it just takes me too long and I can’t get the coordination of ‘em. When I was on [Live Free Or] Die Hard, I had to choose some video game for the background in a scene with Kevin Smith.

I was shown about a dozen games and told to ‘Choose one to be in the background’ and I said ‘this one looks really, really cool whatever it is,’ and it was Gears Of War.

I just really connected with it; the design of it the world, the whole thing. So I actually brought an Xbox 360 to start researching what it was.

That said, he talked more on what his actual plans were from the movie, including plans to make it into a trilogy:

QUOTEIt’s going to be much more [on the] science fiction side of it than the creature side of it. I’ve always been much more of a sci-fi action fan than a horror fan.

The hope is that were wanting to do a three movies and really cover the bases on everything. Basically a harder edged Lord Of The Rings.

All I can say is that I hope they're more faithful to the original source than the Dragonball Evolution movie. The Gears of War flick will be penned by Fast and Furious writer, Chris Morgan."

Source

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it's going to be a trilogy. Are they just going to divide the two games into three movies. O
Or is this some kind of hint that there's going to be a third game?

p.s. Bioshock the movie was in the works for a while, anyone know what happened to that

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Awdofgum said:
So it's going to be a trilogy. Are they just going to divide the two games into three movies. O
Or is this some kind of hint that there's going to be a third game?

p.s. Bioshock the movie was in the works for a while, anyone know what happened to that

Um...it's always been a planned trilogy of games.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I really dont see the Halo, Gears, or BioShock movies being any good. What works for a game doesn't work for a movie. Has there been a good video game movie yet? Not that I recall. Hopefully a movie studio can prove me wrong. I would love to go to a theater to see a good game movie.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
xcdjy said:
dinofan01 said:
I really dont see the Halo, Gears, or BioShock movies being any good. What works for a game doesn't work for a movie. Has there been a good video game movie yet? Not that I recall. Hopefully a movie studio can prove me wrong. I would love to go to a theater to see a good game movie.

I just got visions of 'Animal Boxing - The Movie'. Nearly Choked.
Go to a hospital NOW! We cant let another die from animal boxing-itis!!

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Gears dosent have enough of a decent plot to be made into a film, not that its stopped film makers before. It could be ok though I guess if its just an action flick done well.

Not really getting my hopes up on this one though.

SylvWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gears might turn out well, it depends what they do for story and who they choose as actors. Now a BioShock movie I can see turning out really well, the story was just superb in that. It would be cool, at least for BioShock, if they included some first-person scenes, ala the Doom movie. Let's just hope the rest of it doesn't suck.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM