Gears 2

How many of you will get Gears of War 2 when it comes out?

• Definitely, I love Gears!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe, it was an okay game

• No, I'm not getting it

• Gears? What the hell's that? I'm playing Halo 3!

• Total voters

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Definatley looking forward to Gears 2, and 3 lol! Great game and a great series, when it becomes a series that is.
Can't really see GeOW 2 failing, MP needs more options and tidying up, maybe a bit of a longer campaign but apart from that, the same formula should be win all the way!

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It was a better game than I was expecting, I know loads of people that were expecting it this year.

It will probably get revealed at e3 next year.

I just hope we get the PC content.

cenotaph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
For GoW, no. It's been said before, but the 360 version runs on a UE build that's not compatible with the one that'll ship with the PC version.

A PC version hasn't even been announced for GoW2 yet, so whatever.

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
For GoW, no. It's been said before, but the 360 version runs on a UE build that's not compatible with the one that'll ship with the PC version.

AFAIK that won't affect having the extras as DLC on XBL, only cross platform online gaming.

cenotaph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:

AFAIK that won't affect having the extras as DLC on XBL, only cross platform online gaming.
That is exactly what it will. Quoting an interview with Cliff Blezinski and Mark Rein:

AMN: We saw the PC stuff. Blown away, we wanna play it on 360. When are we playing it on 360?

Cliff: Well if we didn't have any sort of exclusive on the PC, why would people buy the PC version?

[...]

Rein: Let me tell you now it is unlikely we will bring that content to 360.

Cliff: There's other stuff we could be working on.

Rein: Yeah you know we have Unreal Tournament that we need to bring to 360, that's a big project.

Cliff: Maybe something else.

Rein: Could you be quieter Cliff? We have Unreal Tournament we're working on now. It's very unlikely. I don't want to get fans' hopes up that that content's gonna come to 360. Is it impossible? Nothing's impossible. But in terms of, does Epic have the manpower to do it? No way.

Unfortunately the version it’s built on is not really compatible with the 360 and so it would involve a massive patch, a patch larger than all five we've done so far, to Gears of War to do that. And as Cliff said, we've got UT and other stuff, we've gotta keep moving forward.

Okay, so it's not completely out of the question, but "very unlikely". I wouldn't mind though, as an update to the 360 version could pave way for cross-play, which would be awesome.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou