Gearbox: Controller specs will “be awesome”

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by heartgold, Jun 3, 2012.

1. heartgold
    OP

Member heartgold GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Gearbox, a third party developer has given the following statement below and also mentions that Nintendo has listened well to their feedbacks so he believes we'll be seeing some cool concepts

http://nintendoevery...ill-be-awesome/

Wii U controller to have quadcore processor confirmed! lol ;)

2. Eerpow

Member Eerpow *swoosh*

Sweden
    “I love this platform. I’m very excited about it because it gives us a path to realize some things that are more future-looking than we could if we were only on the current generation.”

“We can always use more memory and rendering capability. I think that’s one of the most exciting things about the Wii U. Not only do you have the technology of what you can do gameplay wise but it will be one of the best looking versions of the game.”

http://nintendoeverything.com/89594/more-wii-u-praise-from-gearbox-software/

Gearbox said this yesterday.

2 people like this.
  3. heartgold
    OP

Member heartgold GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Makes the Wii U sound really powerful. I can't wait for E3 for devs to show what the system is capable of. :)

4. machomuu

Member machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    All of this info about the system is making me more and more excited. I'm pretty interested to see what Nintendo has up their sleeve.

1 person likes this.
  5. Fear Zoa

Member Fear Zoa This... This is the world we live in

United States
    Borderlands on Wii U confirmed!

6. Snailface

Member Snailface My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing

Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
    Antarctica
    I just hope it has some ability to play games on its own. Hacked games of course. :wink:

7. yuyuyup

Member yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    All these quotes from a handful of devs are not impressing me, of course they would hype the system if they are invested in a game for it. Compare to the days when the DS was announced and tons of devs were hyping the possibilities right off the bat.

8. Rockhoundhigh

Member Rockhoundhigh Man with a mission

United States
    I love how we've reached the point where controller specs are interesting. :lol:

1 person likes this.
  9. Midna

Banned Midna Banned

Albania
    Nintendo has extremely strict NDAs on all the developers. They're not allowed to say anything specific at all.

10. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Maybe for some but for Gearbox I'd say they were genuine. Randy is so gay for the Wii U, you can tell by watching his interviews that he is genuinely enthusiastic about the platform and what it can offer. The little fella is ready to burst and if it wasn't for these NDAs he would have told us a lot more.

11. Lube_Skyballer

Member Lube_Skyballer GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    Wii U can't beat the next generation consoles specs-wise. It needs to beat the competition with a balanced game library

Nintendo is in an tough situation. The current gen has been like: PS3/360 vs Wii. Nintendo has to make a decision on their positioning on the market. Will it be casual? Will it be a hardcore gamer's system?

if I were Iwata I'd do this;
    • -Keep supporting the original Wii as a casual console for the family. Your mom doesn't care about quad-core, 1080p graphics. The casual crowd just want to have fun. No complicated controllers filled with buttons and sticks.
    • -Release two kinds of first party Nintendo games; ones that make use of the new functionality and ones that use a more or less classic controllers.
    The last will prevent good, "classic" games from being plagued by forced use of new functionality.

So it would be like this;

-Games built around the new controller of the Wii U (like Super Mario Galaxy was for the Wii)
    -Games that don't use the new functionality but are still awesome. They could be released on any console. (Like Xenoblade Chronicles and Monster Hunter Tri were on the Wii)
    The Wii U will need games of the first kind (off course) but also a nice share of games of the second kind (Dragon Quest Wii U is a good start!)
    If Nintendo manages to keep a healthy balance, they will prevail!

1 person likes this.
  12. Quietlyawesome94

Member Quietlyawesome94 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Where are you getting the specs for the next gen PS3/360? I doubt the next gen competition will be much more powerful than the Wii U due to the shit storm that ensued after.

"Five-Hundred Ninety-Nine U.S Dollars!""

Source:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

:ninja:

1 person likes this.
  13. Deltaechoe

Member Deltaechoe The Dopefish

United States
    I can almost guarantee that no main stream console will get that expensive again (until inflation catches up to it of course)

14. VMM

Member VMM Full Hollow Cero

Brazil
    Haters gonna hate! :ha:
    PS3 is the most powerful console of the current generation! :yayps3:
    Nintendo had almost none third party games, while x360 and PS3 were full of them!
    Wii made success with casual gamers, but ask to everyone you know that has a Wii,
    they probably have Wii gathering dust :ha:

WiiU looks really good for the current gen, but probably will be surpassed by PS4 and X720 by miles! :creep:

15. azoreseuropa

Member azoreseuropa GBAtemp Psycho!

Portugal
    Mom ? What about dad ? Grin.

16. machomuu

United States
    *Obvious Flamebait Comment*

4 people like this.
  17. soulx

Member soulx GBAtemp Legend

Canada
    PS3 wasn't the most powerful console for one. It may have had a good CPU but its GPU is shit and it only has 256MB of RAM available. The 360 is a more balanced system.

As for the Wii U, it'll be powerful enough to hold its own against the PS4 and Nextbox. It's not another Wii scenario again.

1 person likes this.
  18. insidexdeath

Member insidexdeath .

United Kingdom
    Ugh it can't be surpassed by miles, because we've reached the graphics/power limit already. If you did know that, you'd know the Wii U is good enough for the next generation as it has so much power and potential to rival the next generation consoles.

1 person likes this.
  19. VMM

Member VMM Full Hollow Cero

Brazil
    PS3 GPU can go up to 1800 GFLOPS while X360 can go up to 240GFLOPS.
    PS3 has 256MB of RAM and 256MB of VRAM, what is like the same as the 512MB of x360's RAM

We reached the limit? Really?!
    WiiU specs look a lot worse than what the current pcs can handle.
    PS3 was revolutionary, while WiiU doesn't look that promising!

20. machomuu

United States
    ...No, no it wasn't. I like the PS3 and all, but the Wii was far more revolutionary than it was. It was strong, but not revolutionary.

Stop trolling.