GDC 2020 has been postponed to later this summer

47363127472_5f8d406177_k_0.jpg

With nearly every company cancelling their appearances at this year's Game Developers Conference due to fears of Coronavirus, the organizers of the event had been forced to either cancel, or delay GDC 2020. A new press release shows that "after close consultation with our partners in the game development industry and community", GDC 2020 has been postponed by a few months into late summer. Whether or not this will put the Game Developers Conference before or after E3 is yet to be seen, but we'll soon learn more details about the rescheduled plans for the event in the coming weeks.

:arrow: Source

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
GDC 2020 has been postponed by a few months into late summer
Thing is, summer ends tomorrow for us Southern Equator folks, so this always sounds funny to me - either it'll be delayed until December (or the start of next year), or they're going to go back in time a month or two.

I think I'm just weird.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

>Let's just cancel everything this year because a few pussies can't handle the flu.
View attachment 198054
I'd say the more important figure is the "Deaths" tally at the bottom; it's roughly 3000 now, which means it's a killer and not just an inconvenience like the flu is.
...Though, so far, it is better than the 1910s flu outbreak; that killed a horrifyingly large number of people. I just hope it - or anything else, especially drug-resistant viruses - doesn't ever reach that pandemic stage.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States

snobbysteven

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sucks to see, at least they let people know a head of time. The CS GO tournament going on now, the gov revoked the event license at 9pm THE NIGHT BEFORE THE EVENT. After everyone had already traveled and was checked into the hotel. Really sucks to see everyone get screwed like that.

Reactions: Pipistrele

xdarkx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Let's cancel E3 too, since Sony won't be attending to show off their PS5 shit.
Sony isn't going to E3 regardless, and most likely never will attend another E3 any time soon cause of the cost. As an outsider looking in, I don't see any benefits for Sony to go.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you post some pics if can or you doing when you finish the event
I haven't been taking many (on account of being here to work with Thunderful Games, rather than attending for leisure) but I can absolutely put a post up, keep an eye out in general off-topic chat on Monday or Tuesday!

Reactions: DANTENDO

Pipistrele

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
dumb media makes everyone panicking but the reality is that not even 0.1 of the population has it plus the chance that you don’t die from it is pretty high
Virus is highly contagious. Average attendance is around 27,000 people - you let the virus in, you can easily get 27,000 infected (especially since such event aren't known for highest hygienic standards). Out of those 27,000, a small chunk will die, and those who won't die can infect people who may die (children or other relatives for example).

Reactions: CrossOut

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Purple_Heart was a SSD worth it? Did it make a significant diference?\