GCW ZERO up for preorder!

Discussion in 'Other Handhelds' started by FLjavi, Jan 9, 2017.

1. FLjavi
    OP

FLjavi Member

Newcomer
    Dec 18, 2016
    United States
    hey everyone... just found a site that is taking preorders for the GCW ZERO!

www.dreamesper.com

A limited supply will be available so be sure to look into it!

SSG Vegeta likes this.
  2. FLjavi
    OP

FLjavi Member

Newcomer
    Dec 18, 2016
    United States
    I also heard that hard to find spare parts for the GCW ZERO will be available at the above mentioned site over this weekend as well! Woohoo!

3. KingpinSlim

KingpinSlim Newbie

I used to own two of these. I would have really enjoyed owning them, but sadly the devices have significant issues that can not be overlooked. The buttons stick, dead pixels and dust collects under the display-glas. It could really have been an awesome device if it werent for these caveats.

4. FLjavi
    OP

FLjavi Member

Newcomer
    Dec 18, 2016
    United States
    When i owned one a few years ago, I was upset that ps1 emulation didn't exist for it... but now that ps1 has been made possible for it, I want one for myself all over again. Funny, I the unit I owned didn't have sticky buttons or dust problems... I guess I was fortunate with my particular unit at the time. :)

5. KingpinSlim

KingpinSlim Newbie

I wish you the best of luck with your unit. I hope you enjoy it!

6. FLjavi
    OP

FLjavi Member

Newcomer
    Dec 18, 2016
    United States
    Thanks! To anyone else that is interested, the site also has spare parts listings! Check them out for purchase.

7. Skyhigh_

Skyhigh_ GBAtemp Regular

Jun 25, 2012
    United States
    May i ask what is so special about this unit?

Its $150 and the specifications seem limiting

i bought a jxd s7300 a couple of years ago for $120 and to me that seems a lot better ( double ram and ddr3 memory, bigger lcd, capable of more emulation)
    Its a tablet with built in game style control

The only issue(s) i had or have with the jxd s7300 is that about 12% of the time ( not often at all) the tablet will randomly restart ( this is extremely annoying when playing a game). Battery gets a bit warm after playing for 1 hr +, battery lasts for maybe 3 hrs playing games

Is there something the gcw zero has to offer other than being smaller?

8. FLjavi
    OP

FLjavi Member

Newcomer
    Dec 18, 2016
    United States
    - Opendingux OS (highly user-friendly operating system designed thru Linux)
    - Dedicated community (boards.dingoonity.org)
    - 6-7hrs. of battery life
    - Now plays ps1/n64 games
    - Hardcore developer support that presently continues to this day

9. GorrillaRIBS

GorrillaRIBS Gigyas became tame

Nov 15, 2015
    Canada
    Fourside
    Dang it can play n64 now? Might be worth digging mine up - it was my goto gba/snes device for a while, but its been collecting dust in my closet. Did they ever implement sleep mode?

10. FLjavi
    OP

FLjavi Member

Newcomer
    Dec 18, 2016
    United States
    Sleep mode? Not sure actually, good question... however, I recall the unit's power remains ON when the screen dims to black, etc.

The n64 emulator that runs on the Zero is in a developer preview/beta stage now... once a new developer picks up where Nebuleon left off, I'm sure further improvements can be made. The source code I believe is on Github.

11. FLjavi
    OP

FLjavi Member

Newcomer
    Dec 18, 2016
    United States
    Now accepting AMAZON PAY as a method of payment at checkout! Be sure to visit dreamesper.com/shop once again for details!