GCW Zero Quick Start WIKI, overhauled

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Another World, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Another World
    OP

Another World Emulate the Planet!

Former Staff
    Jan 3, 2008
    Colombia
    From Where???
    wiki_retro_logo_160px.png

Did you buy a GCW Zero and were unsure how to set everything up? Are you waiting on your Zero and want to get a head start? Well, the GCW Zero Quick Start WIKI article has just been overhauled. The article contains everything you'll want to know about setting up the Zero, its hardware, software, firmware, and more. After you get your Zero fine tuned, be sure to check out the updated FCEUX port and Cygwin toolchain, linked below.

:arrow: GCW Zero WIKI
    :arrow: FCEUX 2.2.2 (Famicom/NES) EMU
    :arrow: Cygwin (Windows) Unofficial Tool Chain

RupeeClock likes this.
  2. Kouen Hasuki

Kouen Hasuki Kouen the Cyber Husky

Jan 9, 2013
    Norway
    Gaming Bunker
    Well its good to know the project is still alive, Myself and a friend was discussing the GCW Zero very recently and the fact that by the time it finally makes it to retail release it will fail to be relevant any more the unit is already being surpassed hardware wise and people are starting to move on getting fed up of waiting :/

3. Another World
    OP

Another World Emulate the Planet!

Former Staff
    Jan 3, 2008
    Colombia
    From Where???
    that is always the problem. things take awhile to go from kickstarter to physical hardware, especially in a company as small as GCW. once units hit developers hands we should see a lot of releases and dingux ports. hopefully this is what happens before gamers move on to something newer. the thing about the zero is that its for retro experiences, so there is no reason to move on. if it is actively developed for, it will be the 1 retro handheld worth having. yea, you can always do retro on something newer, it will be the community that makes the difference. we can only wait to see what happens.

-another world

4. Kouen Hasuki

Kouen Hasuki Kouen the Cyber Husky

Jan 9, 2013
    Norway
    Gaming Bunker
    Aye I feel what you are saying though it seems the likes of the Nvidia shield could very well take over the GCW before the GCW could ever hit the shelf.

While its got me interested teh price was too high for me, I still didnt want the GCW to go the way of the OUYA