frogboy

lacking both style and grace
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i feel like i'm having a stroke.

i've placed a .gct file (for a Brawl modpack) in sd:/codes, sd:/usb-loader/codes, and sd:/wiiflow/codes, but all three loaders give me "No cheat file found" errors when enabling ocarina.

i'm using the latest versions of GX/CFG/WiiFlow. i tried using an SDXC card first, then an SDHC, and finally a regular SD, but i get the exact same results. i checked custom paths in GX to ensure it was searching the correct folder.

any ideas?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
did you generate the gct yourself or use a pre-generated one?
How did you generate the gct ?

what is the name of your gct file?
what is the TitleID of the game you are playing?
do both match their TitleID6 ?

Are other games working fine with Ocarina?

Did you tell the loaders that you wanted to load the gct or expect them to know that you want the gct loaded? you told you enabled ocarina.
so, it leaves the other questions open for possible cause of your problem.

Additional questions for ProjectM, thought your error is not related. that's just for your own info :

Do you play the normal brawl, or the ProjectM brawl which requires gameconfig.txt?
If it's for ProjectM, which game region ? (I suppose USA, so the gameconfig.txt is compatible)
if it's for ProjectM, do you have gameconfig.txt on your SD root?

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: frogboy

frogboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It has to be the game ID, for example mario kart wii (USA) would be sd:\codes\RMCE01.gct
what is the name of your gct file? what is the TitleID of the game you are playing?
i'm using a US version of Brawl and the .gct is labeled RSBE01.
did you generate the gct yourself or use a pre-generated one?
i'm using the .gct provided in the mod download. since my original post, i've tried two other modpacks and their .gcts aren't being detected by the loaders either.
do both match their TitleID6 ?
sorry, i'm not quite sure what this means. is RSBE01 the titleid6, or is it something different?
Are other games working fine with Ocarina?
even brawl itself works with ocarina if i download a cheat file directly through the loader.
if it's for ProjectM, do you have gameconfig.txt on your SD root?
yup.

it seems like the .gct files could be bad, but that's unlikely... i used them on another wii a few months ago and they loaded perfectly.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
your brawl pack contains the ISO or only some files and a gct?
Like you noticed, SSBB has TitleID6 (yeah, that's the 6 digit ID you reported, so you understood what I meant) is : RSBx01

R = Wii
MC = Mario kart
SB = Super Smash Bros Brawl
E/P/J = region (E= USA, P=EUR, J=JPN)
01 = Nintendo

So, your game probably has TitleID RSBE01 if it's the original and official, unpatched game ISO. And the gct is correctly named RSBE01.gct

Maybe the patching team made a new ISO with a new titleID to prevent interfering with your official SSBB savegame, and you have to use their ISO version to work with that gct file?
But what's strange is that you said you are using a pack, so the files are probably already named correctly.

So, there are multiple possibilities why it's not working :

1. The ISO internal TitleID is not matching the GCT filename
2. The ISO internal TitleID is fine, but the TitleID in the game path (folder name) is different. (example : wbfs/Super Smash Bros [RMCP01]/ <-- RMCP is mario kart, you can do that if you want to list one game multiple times in the loader, with different settings, but the gct must be RMCP01.gct)
3. any mix of wrong path, wrong filename, wrong ISO title ID, and the gct will not work.

the problem you have is maybe because USBLoaders use the TitleID found in the path (folder name or filename), instead of looking inside the ISO. path and ISO are maybe not the same ?

To check the TitleID, you have two methods:

1. computer

Launch Wii Backup Manager
mount your HDD partition
look for your SSBB game, and read the "titleID" column. if it's RSBE01, it's the good TitleID of the official unpatched ISO.
if it's not RSBE01, the ISO is already patched, you need to rename folders and filenames, so the USB Loader will use the correct TitleID.

2. USBLoaders
In USBLoaderGX, go to the "list layout" mode. the one which list all games's titles, and has cover on the left.
under the cover, you should see the TitleID detected and used by USBLoaderGX.
if you don't see any titleID below the cover, you can go to Settings > GUI settings > there's an option which lets you display : TitleId, region, Both, none. select both ;)
The gct filename must match the titleID detected by the loader.

Last edited by Cyan,

frogboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just figured it out. the tool i used to format my sd cards was apparently messing something up, so i used a < 32gb card and formatted with windows. the .gct files still weren't recognized by GX, but the mods loaded anyway. weird

anyway, thanks for helping me through this.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it's strange that it was an SD card issue.
other files were on SD too ? it could load the settings and covers correctly from it? you could have put every resources to USB instead.

usually, Panasonic SD Formater (4.0) is the best tool to format cards.
though, it doesn't let you choose the partition format, 64+GB cards are formatred to exFAT, and 32- to FAT32
still, formatting with Panasonic first, then using FAT32format is usually a good way to fix big SD cards.

as long as you found your issue, that's fine.

edit:
I think this site has latest fat32Format version

Last edited by Cyan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 5700X for $160 mmm