GCOS to boot Wiikey 1.2 config file

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by taggart6, Sep 24, 2007.

1. taggart6
    OP

taggart6 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 20, 2006
    United States
    Los Angeles
    I'm new to using GCOS, and I was wondering how I'm suppossed to use it to boot the wiikey 1.2 config disc on a NTSC modded Wii (with wiikey) that has the 3.0U firmware update.

I have GCOS ver4, and it looks like I can only make a multi disc with Gamecube games that are of the GMC file format. Will an iso file format also work? If not, does GCOS have a dvd swapping feature where i could boot with a GCOS multi disc and then swap in my current 1.2 config file.?

Thanks in advance!

2. manias

manias GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 7, 2007
    Netherlands
    if you create a multi-iso image using that gcos, you get a menu that says boot disc? or something. When it says that you can take the multi-iso disc out and put the config disc in and boot it. (btw: not sure what changed with the last version that introduced dvd9 support, i used the one before that)

3. taggart6
    OP

taggart6 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 20, 2006
    United States
    Los Angeles

Thanks for the clarification! So the final image I make using the GCOS dis c reater will be both a multi-disc and a boot disc. Excellent! Thanks again for the help.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice