GCos question (Multidisc games)

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by jorgamund, Aug 26, 2007.

1. jorgamund
    OP

jorgamund Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 7, 2006
    Hi,

I was about to create a multi-game disc with Tales of Symphonia PAL on a DVD, but I was wondering if the game will run fine. Indeed, as the game is on 2 dvds, i wonder how can the swap between the two dvds be done ? (I assume the answer is the same with Baten Kaitos or resident evil 4).

I've checked on the wiki but i don't really have the answer to my question, so i'm asking directly to all of you ^^

Thanks

2. Pikachu025

Pikachu025 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 3, 2006
    Australia
    Austria
    ToS requires the other disc to be inserted when swapping discs, it's not possible to save before the end of disc 1 and reload the save on disc 2.

3. emu_kidid

emu_kidid Member

Newcomer
    Dec 24, 2006
    Yes it's not possible "yet" but I haven't given up on implementing this feature [​IMG]

4. ix300

ix300 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 28, 2008
    United States
    is there a list of these gamecube games that require-swap vs. save-before-swap?

5. OmniSlash2o6

OmniSlash2o6 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 11, 2007
    United States
    Seattle, WA
    So basically u got to use 2 DVD-rs for tales of symphonia?

6. airpirate545

airpirate545 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 5, 2007
    United States
    Speaking of Tales of Symphonia and Gcos, can Gcos use .sav files or is there a way to convert sav to gci? Also, anyone got a scene around the where you first go to Altessa's house? Thx