GCOS disks for Wiikey...

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by antpod, Feb 7, 2008.

Feb 7, 2008

GCOS disks for Wiikey... by antpod at 9:52 PM (772 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. antpod
    OP

Newcomer antpod Member

United States
    Im a little confused... do you have to make a GCOS disk of just the configuration image or do you also have to make the Wiikey Firmware 1.9 update image (both of em already filechopped) a GCOS disk also with WiiUI? [​IMG]

2. antpod
    OP

Newcomer antpod Member

United States
    Ugh, I hate to bump, but can someone please answer, i mean it must be a simple answer...

3. roboz

Member roboz GBAtemp Regular

United States
    What is your wii's firmware version, because depending on what you have it might not work out properly. Also you don't need to update the wiikey unless you want to play Mario Galaxy and Super Smash Bros (J).

4. antpod
    OP

Newcomer antpod Member

United States
    My wiis firmware is 3.1 and tomorrow, im having someone install a wiikey in it. Then from there im going to have to install the firmware (already got the 1.9 update filechopped and burned on a dvd-r.) That is all i need to do with the firmware right?(just put in that 1.9 disk?) That disk didnt have to be made into a GCOS disk with WiiUI did it? Anyways after that, i am going to use the config 1.3 disk (got it filechopped and made into a a gcos and burned) and put that in to set region override on. and then i have smash burned on a DVD+R DL which should work after all this, right?