GCOS and Wiikey 1.2

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by DarkElf101, Apr 19, 2007.

Apr 19, 2007

GCOS and Wiikey 1.2 by DarkElf101 at 9:28 PM (2,613 Views / 0 Likes) 24 replies

1. DarkElf101
    OP

Newcomer DarkElf101 Member

United States
    Well im totally confused. I know that burning the 1.2 wiikey configuration doesnt take up all the dvd but can I fill the rest of the space with some GC ISO's? and how do I make the GCOS multiboot dvd do the ISO's have to be in the same folder or what?

2. CYatta

Member CYatta GBAtemp Fan

United States
    As far as I know, the multigame disc has to be created a certain way, with "make-multiv3.exe," and so there is no way to include the games with your wiikey base disc. The only thing GCOS is good for on the wiikey base disc is to load a disc made with the tool above, or browse the Dol's (GC applications) that you include with your Wiikey base disc (the stuff you put in bootdisc\root\Dols).

That's not much of a problem though. if ya want to make a GC Multigame disc, just check out the "apps\GCOs MultiGame Version" in the config disc folder.

3. Bloodgod

Member Bloodgod 嵐の王

United States
    I just finished burning a multi game disk. This is what it looks like. I want to know if I did it right. is this thing only suppose to show 7MB?

[​IMG]

It boots up on my Wii but I can't test it cause I can't find my GC controller.

Edit: made it with Make-Multiv3.exe prog.

4. DarkElf101
    OP

United States
    So when I make the 1.2 configuration disk it will include GCOS on it. Then I use it to launch a multi GCOS dvd made with the tool it comes with?

5. CYatta

United States
    Correct

bg: Multigame disc? Are you sure you don't mean the config disc? Because that's what that looks like to me. In which case, yes, it looks correct to me

6. Bloodgod

Member Bloodgod 嵐の王

United States
    nope I used this prog. But its the same prog in the WiiKey Config disk
    http://wiki.gbatemp.net/index.php/Make-Multi

I'm just weirded out cause the file I burnt was 4gigs then it got reduced to 7MB and it's now labeled as a CD and not a DVD.

7. Dthruking

Newcomer Dthruking Advanced Member

United States
    no bloodgod thats definetly the config disc and not a multigame disc

8. Bloodgod

Member Bloodgod 嵐の王

United States
    Config disk? I have no idea what your talking about. I used an independent program that was not part of the Wiikey config disk prior to 1.2

9. Dthruking

United States
    ok well still that is not a multigame disc

10. Bloodgod

Member Bloodgod 嵐の王

United States
  11. Dthruking

United States
    you have to d/l make-multiv3 and put that in a seperate folder then you take your game isos and put them in that folder...change them from .iso's to .gcm's (just by adding .gcm to the end of the name) then you click start run and type in cmd. then you type in: cd C:\ (wherever your make-multi and games are) make sure you put cd before that. then you type: make-multiv3.exe output.gcm USA game1.gcm game2.gcm game3.gcm.....and for however many games you have. make sure you put the exact names of the games in there...it will put the new .gcm in the same folder...make sure you go into that folder afterwards and change it back to .iso (delete the .gcm after the title). then open nero and burn the .iso

lemme know if you need anymore help bro...everyone starts out somewhere [​IMG]

12. Bloodgod

Member Bloodgod 嵐の王

United States
    that is how I made it.

13. Dthruking

United States
    then i think you took the wrong pic..because in your pic you have the configuration disc not the multigame disc

14. DarkElf101
    OP

United States
    So Let's see if I got this right. I open my config 1.2 folder and run the BootableDisc_US. that spits out an iso I burn that into a dvd. After that I use the make-multiv3 to make the multi disc and this spits out an iso that ahs all the .gcm files I put in the cmd line. this is the multi game disc and I launch it using the GCOS that was burned with the bootdisc.us dvd

15. CYatta

United States
    Yup. That works. But the thing is, with make-multiv3, it creates a self-bootable disc, which means you could just put that disc itself in, and it'll load itself. I know it seems kind of redundant, but thats the way it is, since Wiikey didn't develop these programs, they just put em together.

bg: Nevermind. I never popped my GC multigame disc into a PC, but those are the files that do show up. So yeah, you should be fine. It just looked the same as a Wiikey config disc.

16. DarkElf101
    OP

United States
    O I see but I still need the 1.2 configuration.

17. Dthruking

United States
    ok well in that case im sorry bloodgod :'(

18. Bloodgod

Member Bloodgod 嵐の王

United States
    aww goddamit! I was making a step by step process of what I was doing (>,

19. Dthruking

United States
    you dont necessarily need the 1.2 config....all you need is to do what i said to bloodgod..forget about the 1.2 as you dont REALLY need it to play multigame dvd's

20. Bloodgod

Member Bloodgod 嵐の王

United States
    I never used it in the first place