GCN/Wii DDR mats using GameCube controller adapter on Wii U?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by SpriteVibe, Nov 13, 2015.

1. SpriteVibe
    OP

SpriteVibe Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 28, 2015
    Canada
    I tried playing DDR Mario Mix through Nintendont and my GCN controller adapter. The mat seemed to work at first glance, but it had difficulty reading my steps and was basically unplayable.

I'm disappointed because I thought it was basically just a giant d-pad... Shouldn't be rocket science to get it working, right? Has anyone looked into this and gotten it to work?

And how about the Wii DDR games. Did we ever get GCN controller adapter to work in Wii mode, through a loader or anything?

Thanks.

2. pokeparadox

pokeparadox GBAtemp Regular

Dec 31, 2008
    Should just work as it IS just a giant DPAD. Are you sure your DDR mat has not just become faulty? (i.e. can you test it elsewhere to confirm it's not a problem with Nintendont?)

3. TehCupcakes

TehCupcakes GBAtemp Regular

Apr 5, 2013
    United States
    You would think it's just a giant d-pad, right? The problem with that is... You can't press up and down at the same time on a d-pad. Nor can you do left and right at the same time. On a DDR mat, you need to be able to hit these buttons simultaneously. If the software emulates it as a d-pad, it will not work properly for chords.

I tried this myself with DDR Mario Max and the official adapter; iirc, it worked perfectly fine. (But I might be mis-remembering.) In any case, there is no Gamecube adapter support for Wii games.