Homebrew GCN ViA HDD

yusuo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is there any chance of playing GCN games on a wii via hard drives, ive grown to hate disks, Im sure theres plenty of post about this but is it being worked on, is it even possible

Red Ire Lap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm sure it will happen eventually. If you can play full DVD games from an HDD I assume you can play those mini ones that have games on them. All in good time.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This has been asked hundreds of times. A GC USB Loader is extremely difficult if not impossible.

There is simply no USB support in gamecube mode. Adding USB support to MIOS would be very involved (if it didn't end up being rewritten completely because of how GC games access hardware). Then we'd have to convince the wii to not turn the ports off in GC mode.

There was something recently mentioned about developing a special MIOS with a DI module in it for SNEEK (i think they called it DIOS), but I'm not sure if it was real or not. I saw it a while back, likely around April 1...

OtakuGamerZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DIOS MIOS is real and sneek can see a gcn game is going to loaded, but can't load it correctly yet . is a dead project.

EDIT: crap, he quit...

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
Has everyone forget about USB Gecko? You can get that and use your usb HDD to play gcn via the Wii's GCN's memory card slot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs