GCN Multidisc - Will DVD Data Disc work?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by SSJ Zac, May 18, 2009.

1. SSJ Zac
    OP

SSJ Zac GBAtemp Regular

Apr 8, 2004
    United States
    Hello. I was wondering if just using a program such as Nero to burn a few GCN games onto a DVD Data Disc would work just the same as using a Multigame ISO Creator?

EDIT: Actually, what I meant was instead of using the multigame iso creator, could I just put all the GCN games onto 1 DVD Data Disc(DVD-R) and use that as a multigame disc? As in, would it still work the same if I used the data disc method on wiigator's GCN backup loader?

In short, do I have to use a Multigame creator or can I just put them on a data disc?

2. Hedgehogofchaos

Hedgehogofchaos GBAtemp Regular

Jun 19, 2008
    Canada
    you mean dvd+r? yea your dvd+r will work you just need to adjust the bitsettings to dvd-rom

3. SSJ Zac
    OP

SSJ Zac GBAtemp Regular

Apr 8, 2004
    United States
    Actually, what I meant was instead of using the multigame iso creator, could I just put all the GCN games onto 1 DVD Data Disc(DVD-R) and use that as a multigame disc? As in, would it still work the same if I used the data disc method on wiigator's GCN backup loader?

4. FenrirWolf

FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 19, 2008
    United States
    Sandy, UT
    I doubt it. Why would you want to do that when you can use the multigame ISO creator anyway?

5. kyle007

kyle007 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 5, 2008
    United States
    yeah i highly doubt it would work but why don't you burn a coaster just to confirm our theory lol

6. Nintendo_Chick

Nintendo_Chick GBAtemp Fan

Feb 6, 2009
    United States
    No... you need the gamecube os too.

7. nIxx

nIxx GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 30, 2007
    Gambia, The
    Germany
    Or you try the Multiloader from waninkoko [​IMG] but you need still the creator