GCN DREs with CycloWIZ v3

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by IxthusTiger, Apr 27, 2007.

Apr 27, 2007

GCN DREs with CycloWIZ v3 by IxthusTiger at 8:47 AM (1,055 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. IxthusTiger
    OP

Member IxthusTiger Cruddy's Buddy

United States
    All of my GCN discs eventually say they cannot be read at some point in the game. It's not always the same place. Animal Crossing and Four Swords work fine, probably because they are actually quite small and load all or nearly all the data into memory.

I am burning both isos and gcms with ImgBurn on RiData Inkjet White DVD-R 4x media burnt on my laptop and my gf's PC. Wii games burn fine without DREs, but they are on Verbatim discs.

Is anyone else having this problem with CycloWIZ 3.0? Is it my media? What mini DVD brand do you recommend?

EDIT: Also, is there a way to rip GCN games without a BBA or SD adapter?

2. capt.fruitcake

Newcomer capt.fruitcake Advanced Member

Netherlands
    Back in the GCN days ritek mini was perferred but i think you can also burn the gcn games to a full size dvd 5.

Actually there is a wii game ripper program that you run on the p.c. if i'm not mistaken search the forums a bit and google.

3. pelago

Member pelago Member

United Kingdom
    Burn the GC games to the same Verbatim discs that you're using for your Wii games and see how they work then. You can only dump GC and Wii games on a PC if you have a particular LG DVD-ROM drive.