.gcm files not working with Wii?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Sc4rFac3d, Jan 24, 2008.

1. Sc4rFac3d
    OP

Sc4rFac3d GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jul 30, 2005
    Netherlands
    So since I got my Wii chipped, I decided to go check out some old GC games. I first had Wario World (.iso about 200 mb), burned it, worked perfect. Then, I had 2 other games with a .gcm extension. Double Dash and Luigi's mansion. After searching the web, I found out you could just change the .gcm to .iso. So I did and burned them both with imgburn. But as you can guess by now, they don't work. So, does this have to do with the Wii? As far as I know, the drive's pretty much the same and it should work. Then again, I don't know jack about this kinda stuff. So any help? Thanks. [​IMG]

2. Railgun

Railgun ( ' _ ' )

Feb 20, 2006
    Gambia, The
    GBAtemp City
    use gcos and make a multi disc [​IMG]
    this will work.

link

3. Sc4rFac3d
    OP

Sc4rFac3d GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jul 30, 2005
    Netherlands
    Wow, not only did it work. It saved me a DVD too! Awesome man, thanks alot! [​IMG]

4. fst312

fst312 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 4, 2008
    United States
    New York
    i downloaded this yesterday and according to the description the gcm file i got should work without me having to find a way to make it to an iso.please tell me if i'm right i never downloaded a gamecube game if this can work as a gcm file i will be happy because i can fit at least 3-4 games on one dvd. i made 2 threads yesterday because i couldn't figure out how to make a gamecube game into an iso.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=134...p;#entry1757967

5. samagon

samagon Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 27, 2008
    United States
    Just rename the extension to .iso

6. bugaveli

bugaveli Banned

Banned
    Dec 7, 2008
    United States
    In a remote place
    the reson nobody answere dyou is beacuse you made 2 threads and pissed everyone off

7. Golfman560

Golfman560 TheRapist.com

Dec 29, 2008
    Living with seals
    And because he can't read the first post which actually states how to change it.

8. triassic911

triassic911 Burst Mode

May 9, 2007
    United States
    NYC, USA
    Changing the extension should of worked..... did you make sure to show extensions under tools -> folder options?