GC with Neogamma/Bad Burn

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Qc Storm, Jul 19, 2011.

Jul 19, 2011

GC with Neogamma/Bad Burn by Qc Storm at 9:33 PM (1,743 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Qc Storm
    OP

Newcomer Qc Storm Newbie

Canada
    I've read this is quite a problem. But I believe mine is a tad different and this is why I'm bothering to ask about it.

The first GC game I've burned (Path of Radiance) works perfectly. I used a TDK DVD+R (1-16x speed) burned at 3x speed. Played a few hours, all is well.

Except now imgburn won't burn any more ISO. It gives me an error somewhere around the end about I/O or something like that. I forgot the whole message exactly but I could scrap another disc to take a screenshot.

I tried burning again on another computer with imgburn also, and the same CD. The burn goes fine, but it doesn't work once in Neogamma. (DVD+R/bad burn/DL problems?)

I believe all the settings are the same.

I also made sure all ISO worked in Dolphin.

2. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    If you burn a GC game on a 4.7 GB disc, and get an error near the end, there's a chance the game will just work anyways, it should be written on the 1st 1/3 of the disc.

If you use DVD+R, you need to make sure the 2nd burner sets the booktype to DVD-R, or else it won't work. Sadly i can't determine a difference between bad burns and not bitsetted DVD+Rs, that's why the error message in NeoGamma is so vague.

3. Qc Storm
    OP

Newcomer Qc Storm Newbie

Canada
    How would I do this?

I have also just read that DVD+R damage the Wii over time. So I'll be shopping for some DVD-R this weekend. What are some good brands?