Hacking GC Roms on vWii?

ModderWizard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to run GC roms on vWii? I remember seeing one, but it required you to run at least one GC disk (Which would require a regular Wii, and I don't have that).

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Gamecube has no ROM's, they're ISO's (disc images). Nintendont is in the works so soon enough you'll play all the 10 games the Gamecube has to offer on the WiiU. ;)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Gamecube has no ROM's, they're ISO's (disc images). Nintendont is in the works so soon enough you'll play all the 10 games the Gamecube has to offer on the WiiU. ;)
That's funny, because I have 15 GC games and all are awesome. And there are a lot of great games I don't have too...

You might be able to use a 8 cm disc adapter (MiniDVD/CD to DVD) to read the discs directly on the Wii U but no one has had the guts to try it in fear that it might destroy their drive/disc. It should be fine though.
I'm pretty sure Amazon sold them but can't seem to find anything when searching either Google or Amazon. They certainly exist though.

elgarta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no one has had the guts to try it in fear that it might destroy their drive/disc. It should be fine though.
I'm pretty sure Amazon sold them but can't seem to find anything when searching either Google or Amazon. They certainly exist though.

I am sure that this is more of the issue than people being scared. The adapters can be hard to come by.

Anyway, I think the better question would be whether using the adapter would work for verification purposes. It will work on the never Wii models, but nothing comes up that suggests it'll work on the Wii-U. I saw some posts say it wouldn't but with no information to back that up.

Otherwise waiting on Nintendon't or picking up an old GC compatible Wii would be your best options. I still keep my Wii around since it saves having to mess with the Wii-U when it plays my old stuff just fine.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I am sure that this is more of the issue than people being scared. The adapters can be hard to come by.

Anyway, I think the better question would be whether using the adapter would work for verification purposes. It will work on the never Wii models, but nothing comes up that suggests it'll work on the Wii-U. I saw some posts say it wouldn't but with no information to back that up.

Otherwise waiting on Nintendon't or picking up an old GC compatible Wii would be your best options. I still keep my Wii around since it saves having to mess with the Wii-U when it plays my old stuff just fine.
It will work. As tueidj mentioned in the Devolution thread you can even modify the Wii U disc drive so it will read GC discs by simply grinding away some plastic. He mentioned the Family Wii but I'm pretty sure he mentioned the Wii U too.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to run GC roms on vWii? I remember seeing one, but it required you to run at least one GC disk (Which would require a regular Wii, and I don't have that).

It is a type of CD image file. An iso file stands for International Organization for Standardization. :)

It is a type of chip that built-in memory that holding data from cartridge or card. The Rom stands for read Only Memory. Hope it helps you understand better! ;)

AngryGeek416

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

Troll? if you think the gamecube only has 10 good games, your not much of a gamer.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Troll? if you think the gamecube only has 10 good games, your not much of a gamer.

If you think it has more than 10-20 then you're a gamer with very low standards (unless you count in all the multiplatform titles that I could play on XBox/PS2/PC anyways). For your information, I had the system practically at launch, I'm merely being a realist here instead of wearing pink purple coloured glasses. :)

AngryGeek416

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
If you think it has more than 10-20 then you're a gamer with very low standards (unless you count in all the multiplatform titles that I could play on XBox/PS2/PC anyways). For your information, I had the system practically at launch, I'm merely being a realist here instead of wearing pink purple coloured glasses. :)

Bought my Gamecube in 2001 on launch, the gamecube is in my top 5 fav systems. It doesn't have a vast amount of fantastic games like the PS2 but what it does have is GOLDEN. Here's a list of just what i have in my collection. So speak for yourself.
Animal Crossing
Baiten Kaitos Origins
Baiten Kaitos Eternal Wings
Battalion Wars
Bomberman Generation
Eternal Darkness
F-Zero GX
Mario Party 4&5&6
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Fire Emblem Path of Radiance
Lost Kingdoms I&II
Legend of Zelda Wind Waker
Legend of Zelda Twlight Princess (original platform, best platform)
Legend of Zelda Four Swords Adventures
Luigi's Mansion
Metroid Prime 1
Metroid Prime 2
Mr. Driller Drill Land
Mario Kart Double Dash
Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes
Mega Man Network Transmission
Paper Mario TYD
Pikmin 1
Pikmin 2
Resident Evil Remake
Resident Evil Zero
Resident Evil 4 (original platform,best platform)
Poke Colosseum
Poke XD
Star Wars Rogue Squadron Leader II
Starfox Adventures
Starfox Assault
Super Monkey Ball 1&2
Super Mario Sunshine
Super Smash Bros Melee
Wario World
Tales of Symphonia
Viewtufal Joe 1&2

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Bought my Gamecube in 2001 on launch, the gamecube is in my top 5 fav systems. It doesn't have a vast amount of fantastic games like the PS2 but what it does have is GOLDEN. Here's a list of just what i have in my collection. So speak for yourself.
Animal Crossing
Baiten Kaitos Origins
Baiten Kaitos Eternal Wings
Battalion Wars
Bomberman Generation
Eternal Darkness
F-Zero GX
Mario Party 4&5&6
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Fire Emblem Path of Radiance
Lost Kingdoms I&II
Legend of Zelda Wind Walker
Legend of Zelda Twlight Princess (original platform, best platform)
Legend of Zelda Four Swords Adventures
Luigi's Mansion
Mr. Driller Drill Land
Mario Kart Double Dash
Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes
Mega Man Network Transmission
Paper Mario TYD
Resident Evil Remake
Resident Evil Zero
Resident Evil 4 (original platform,best platform)
Poke Colosium
Poke XD
Star Wars Rogue Squardon Leader II
Starfox ADventures
Starfox Assault
Super Monkey Ball 1&2
Super Mario Sunshine
Super Smash Bros Melee
Wario World
Tales of Symphonia
Megaman X Command Mission
Viewtufal Joe !&2
Those all sound good, though not all platform exclusives, but it reminds me why I love the GC. (you spelled Wind Waker wrong btw, and you call yourself a zelda fan?!)
Sonic Heroes is a great game too, and AFAIK a platform exclusive.

AngryGeek416

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Those all sound good, though not all platform exclusives, but it reminds me why I love the GC. (you spelled Wind Waker wrong btw, and you call yourself a zelda fan?!)
Sonic Heroes is a great game too, and AFAIK a platform exclusive.

I love it when people hate on the GC, if it wasn't in the same gen as the PS2 it would be WAYYY more recognized for its games but sadly its not. Even funnier is the people who compare the GC to the original Xbox LMFAO that system sucks the big one

ModderWizard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It will work. As tueidj mentioned in the Devolution thread you can even modify the Wii U disc drive so it will read GC discs by simply grinding away some plastic. He mentioned the Family Wii but I'm pretty sure he mentioned the Wii U too.

Any tutorials on this? 'Grinding some plastic' is a little vauge.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I didn't know we've devolved to the point wher Mr.Driller is considered an example of a killer app, Pokemon Colosseu and Starfox Adventures are considered good and multiplatform titles like Sonic Heroes are considered system sellers. I never said that the Gamecube has no games - it just doesn't have a lot of them and starting a List War doesn't really prove anyne's point here.

AngryGeek416

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I didn't know we've devolved to the point wher Mr.Driller is considered an example of a killer app, Pokemon Colosseu and Starfox Adventures are considered good and multiplatform titles like Sonic Heroes are considered system sellers. I never said that the Gamecube has no games - it just doesn't have a lot of them and starting a List War doesn't really prove anyne's point here.

Says the man who has no argument, Sonic Hero's is the only multiplat game up there i put by mistake. Besides that Mr. Driller, Pokemon Colo, and Starfox Adventures are great games maybe you should play them before you have a opinion? maybe YOUR not into them but there great games reviewed by the masses. Like i said the GC didn't have TONS of great games but the ones that it did have are amazing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: i always pee in the water