GC Launcher question

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by h8uthemost, Jul 21, 2009.

Jul 21, 2009

GC Launcher question by h8uthemost at 2:45 AM (1,063 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. h8uthemost
    OP

Member h8uthemost GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I'm attempting to get WiiGator's GC Launcher working. And it looks a little complicated to get working(because of all the files in the download), so I looked for a tutorial. And I've decided to follow this one. Now, in that tutorial it there is a couple download links. One is labeled a cMIOS Package. And that's the link I need, but unfortunately the link is dead.

So...since I can't use that link, would using Waninkoko's cMIOS rev03 located here work just the same? I'm guessing that's all that was in that dead link, so I'm hoping this will work.

Thanks.

EDIT: And you know what? That tutorial doesn't even say what to do with the cMIOS package after you've downloaded it. All it says is what to do with the folder that contains the GC launcher. So I'm guessing just download that cMIOS rev03 an install it?

EDIT ONCE AGAIN: Well, I got everything working. I didn't even have to use that cMIOS rev03 installer. All I had to do was run the MIOS Patcher, and that was it. My GC backup booted right up.

2. ToneEQ

Member ToneEQ GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Too late now... but there is another archive in the downloaded archive that contains 2 folders, something like miospatcher and rungcbackup, copy those to the apps folder on your SD card and load HBC. Run miospatcher first and install using a gamecube controller, then run the backups using rungcbackup (or whatever it appears as in HBC.

3. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    What do you think is the difference between a cMIOS installer and a patcher?

4. Drag0nflamez

Member Drag0nflamez GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Nothing.

5. h8uthemost
    OP

Member h8uthemost GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States

I don't know. That's why I asked. But I'm guessing nothing.

I have another question. This loader is suppose to let you boot your GC backups straight from the disc channel? And to achieve this you run the miospatcher, and hit X before hitting A to install? Well I did that and the games aren't showing up in the disc channel. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for the help.