Hacking gc imports

MetalReaper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hey, i know you will probably say "search first" and stuff,but i couldn't find anything.
Is there a way to play gc imports on wii?
i mean , i have no problem with most gc imports,but zelda windwaker doesn´t work.

MetalReaper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks, gonna try it now

EDIT:Code dump error...it says "insert wii game" so , it works with gc games too?

MetalReaper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i just load the elf with hbc,then some sort of a menu shows saying "insert wii game and press A" or press button1 to force pal60
then i tried with A and it crashed

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
deba94 said:
Try loading another way (TP hack, wiiload, etc.). A direct way of loading the elf.
the TP-hack etc is wii-mode only.
IIRC the only way to play gc imports is using a modchip, and you can not play pal games on an ntsc wii if they don't support 60hz. If they do, you may have to enable it using GCOS. So use GCOS
smile.gif

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gecko Region Free works with GC games? Why did no-one tell me?
In fact, are you sure? I'm gonna go check this one.

EDIT:
Nup, you most certainly can't play GC imports in Gecko Region Free. The ONLY way (IF it happens, of course) you will be able to play GC imports on the Wii again (without modding it) is if the firmware's IOS is modified. And that may not happen.
Just break out the GC if you need to play your import games. If you sold your GC, you're just silly
tongue.gif

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Trolly said:
Gecko Region Free works with GC games? Why did no-one tell me?
In fact, are you sure? I'm gonna go check this one.

EDIT:
Nup, you most certainly can't play GC imports in Gecko Region Free. The ONLY way (IF it happens, of course) you will be able to play GC imports on the Wii again (without modding it) is if the firmware's IOS is modified. And that may not happen.
Just break out the GC if you need to play your import games. If you sold your GC, you're just silly
tongue.gif
and if you DO mod it with a wiikey for example it all works great
biggrin.gif

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Just try GCOS then. The modchip regionfree and wii freeloader don't change the TV mode. (causes problems for me with ntsc ToS on pal wii, half the screen is blurry (or something like that), so I need to use gcos)

Why can't you just use WW from your own region?
laugh.gif

I have WW legitly in my own region, but I happen to have a Wii MultiGames disc with WW and 4SA on it (down-uh, i mean legally bought it for 4SA), and since it's Multi Games, it already has GCOS on it (that specific Wii MultiGames disc, unlike most other you can find premade, is actually PAL)

SenorClean

Trophies
XP
Country
MetalReaper said:
i mean , i have no problem with most gc imports,but zelda windwaker doesn´t work.

If the OP has some imports working... I'm guessing it is already chipped.

If you have the games dumped - I find you get best compatibility if you use MultiGame ISO Creator v3.2.4F+.... and you get the added bonus of multiple games on one disc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.