Hacking GC games without modchip?

Xylez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well my question is: is there any way i can play GC games (downloaded ones) without a modchip?
i was thinkin about the 0.3 Gamma backuploader or any other softmods?
ow and don't tell me i'm stupid, i mean i can download and play Wii games without a modchip so i was like,
downloaded GC games without a modchip?

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There might be a way by using GameCube Homebrew launcher to load SD-Boot, then load the game from an SD Gecko and an additional SD card. I always wanted to try that once.

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
(I get to post this at least once a day it seems)
From wiigator
One remark to the GameCube discussion:
I sent the source code for starting GameCube games on Wii to ppc_gba. It is not possible to run the games, because the games use the wrong DVD command to read the DVD. I don't know, if he was able to get around the problems. I haven't yet tried to get this working
I patched the MIOS and there is no further patch required for MIOS, because this will not help in any way.
What you currently could do is: Accessing DVD with Homebrew software in GameCube mode. So you could watch a DVD in GameCube mode. I don't what sense this will make, because you can this already in Wii mode, but it is possible.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all