GC games on a regular sized DVD?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Painguy, Jul 27, 2009.

Jul 27, 2009
  1. Painguy
    OP

Member Painguy GBAtemp Regular

United States
    So i want to back up all my GC games. i have my GC in my car aswell as all my games so i dont want to keep taking a bringing the games with me when ever i go somewhere far (which is a lot). I was wondering if i could burn the games to a mulitboot game disc directly from my disc channel. i have mIOS so i dont need a backup loader.

2. dsfanatic5

Member dsfanatic5 Team ICO Freak

United States
    Your post doesn't make a lot of sense. First off, you can't burn games from your disc channel, since you can't burn games from your Wii at all. You have a Gamecube in your car, but I don't understand what that has to do with the Wii. If you install the proper MIOS on the Wii, you can run multi-iso Gamecube backups with a launcher, but I believe the compatibility has been broken in newer cIOS revisions. If you're talking exclusively about running backups on Gamecube hardware, you're in the wrong forum.

3. lostdwarf

Member lostdwarf GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom

you can make gamecube backups on normal dvd-r's yes but you can only play them on your wii, not your gamecube.
    google for gc multigame creator, run the file, add your gamecube iso's, ie mario sunshine, luigis mansion, rogue squadron, and then create. this will make a new .iso image with all those games merged into it so the file size will be huge, rename it anything you want, then burn it using nero or imgburn at high speed.
    load up your gamecube backup loader, press left and right to select which game you want to play then press A.

4. Drag0nflamez

Member Drag0nflamez GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    If you want to burn them for the GameCube, there are 2 options:
    1. Burn it on a MiniDVD
    2. Get a GCN Replacement Case

5. ConJ

Member ConJ The Toker

United Kingdom

6. ThaDraGun

Member ThaDraGun GBAtemp Regular

Canada

I havent made a multigame disc in a long time. Isn't there also a limit how far you can fill the disc? (because the wii's laser only looks so far cuz the gc disc are smaller) Or am I thinking of if your playing them in a modded GC.. since the laser physically can't move out the whole size of a regular disc even with a casemod.

7. davidsl_128

Member davidsl_128 GBAtemp Brightsider

Colombia
    You can make GC multiboot discs using GCOS MultiGame Creator V4F or GCM Utility. Depending on the size of the games, you should be able to put 4 or 5 GC games on each DVD. Remember that this will work only on the Wii (or in a modded GC that can read normal-sized DVDs, though I've never seen one)

You can run them through the GC Backup Launcher or Wiigator's Wii Launcher if you installed mIOS so it would work with the Wii Launcher.

8. Painguy
    OP

Member Painguy GBAtemp Regular

United States
    alright thx. ill just download the program. im sorry if i wasnt clear enough

9. Fat D

Member Fat D GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    A Wii can read full-sized GC multi-discs, whereas a GC with replacement case is limited to about the size of a GC disc or Mini-DVD, which is roughly 1.4 GB (or 1.38)