Gaming [GC] Could Wii and Wii U game compatible on Gamecube??

Status
Not open for further replies.

joelbeni

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi guys, recently I bought the Xeno modchip that let me run iso game on my gamecube downloaded on normal dvd.
I was wondering if there was a possibility to convert wii game like Super Smash bros brawl or Super smash bros wii U to iso that could be run on my Gamecube!?

Or if some programmers already released a custom Super smash bros game with all recent wii U change compatible with Gamecube.

Last edited by joelbeni,

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In other words:
latest

Reactions: GalladeGuy

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The Wii U is significantly more powerful than the Wii, and the Wii is significantly more powerful than the GameCube, So of course not.

Will a PC from 1996 play Witcher 3?

joelbeni

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay thx, but what about custom game? like modified game which could be run on Gamecube? does it exist

K

KingpinSlim

Okay thx, but what about custom game? like modified game which could be run on Gamecube? does it exist

Yes, actually Nintendo is doing that themselves.
They are re-releasing all Wii U and Wii Games on GameCube now, because they really want nothing more than to cripple their current console even further.
and the best thing about it?
It's not just free, but they will give you 10$ per game and also free Ice-cream.

Reactions: Mr Objection

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Can you play Zelda Wind Waker HD on Game boy ?

You can't play a game on an older plateform, unless it's RE-developped entirely with worse graphics and new interface.
It can't be "converted", it need to be "ported" which means developers have to RECREATE a new game based on the same story, but with the target console's power and capability.

For example :

Official port:
Wii Xenoblade Chronicles -> 3DS Xenoblade Chronicles (not really an older gen, but less powerful). This game has been entirely redeveloped for 3DS hardware and downgraded (graphics resolution has been lowered, etc.)

Unofficial port:
PS1 Final Fantasy 7 -> NES Final Fantasy 7

Final_Fantasy_VII_(PSX)_001.png
--- >
Final_Fantasy_VII_%28Famicom%29_title_screen.png

--->
latest

I'll close this thread as it will result only in flaming and sarcasm with this kind of questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.