GC controller doesnt work with backups

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Moeca10, Dec 5, 2010.

Dec 5, 2010
  1. Moeca10
    OP

Newcomer Moeca10 Advanced Member

Norway
    Okay.. I downloaded Zelda: Collectors Edition, Twilight Princess and Four Swords for Gamecube. Used Multigame Iso creater and burned it with ImgBurn to get them on a DVD-R, and the game loads fine and starts in Gamecube Launcer 0.2.

But the Gamecube controller doesnt work. I've tried changing the controller slots, but no change.

So, does anyone have a clue? [​IMG]

Sorry my bad english [​IMG]

2. Category

Member Category Trainee Romhacker

United Kingdom
    Try a different controller? Or try putting a single ISO on a disc (could be a MultiISO issue)

Try these, then let us know.

3. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Some 3rd party controllers have a weird compatiblity. Like they work with anything official(disc channel, VC and WiiWare), with all wii backups, wii homebrew, but don't with gamecube homebrew and/or gc backups.

If you have a 3rd party controller and it does work on something on your Wii, but not gamecube backups, i fear you have no other choice than getting another.

I don't think so. In NeoGamma it shouldn't matter at all if a game is on a multi game disc or not, audio streaming & shrinking does still matter.

4. Moeca10
    OP

Norway
    Thanks for the answers. I am actually using a 3rd party GC controller. It works with my "real" Wind Waker gamecube disc, but not on any of the games I burned to the disc.

And I am not using Neogamma, cause I wasnt able to start the game, only with Gamecube Launcher 0.2.

So it might be my GC controller, and i should try to find the official controller from Nintendo?

5. Clarky

Member Clarky Don't you know who I think I am?

United States
    that would be the best recomendation mate, doubt you will find one first hand now a days but the likes of ebay are easy to find them, get a wavebird if you want to go wireless or get a wired one if you want rumble

6. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    First you may want to try your retail and backup discs with NeoGamma. But you need to install the correct cMIOS or else it just launches the MIOS -> launches the integrated loader(which is outdated). I expect the controller to either work with both or with neither.

7. Moeca10
    OP

Norway
    All the games start after a little fiddling with the region settings, the only thing that doesnt work is the controller. Which is a little weird, cause the retail Gamecube games i have work fine with the controller.

8. Moeca10
    OP

Norway
    Problem solved using Official Nintendo GC controller! Weird.. [​IMG]