Hacking GC controller doesnt work with backups

Moeca10

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Okay.. I downloaded Zelda: Collectors Edition, Twilight Princess and Four Swords for Gamecube. Used Multigame Iso creater and burned it with ImgBurn to get them on a DVD-R, and the game loads fine and starts in Gamecube Launcer 0.2.

But the Gamecube controller doesnt work. I've tried changing the controller slots, but no change.

So, does anyone have a clue?
mellow.gif

Sorry my bad english
smile.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Some 3rd party controllers have a weird compatiblity. Like they work with anything official(disc channel, VC and WiiWare), with all wii backups, wii homebrew, but don't with gamecube homebrew and/or gc backups.

If you have a 3rd party controller and it does work on something on your Wii, but not gamecube backups, i fear you have no other choice than getting another.

Category said:
Try a different controller? Or try putting a single ISO on a disc (could be a MultiISO issue)

Try these, then let us know.

I don't think so. In NeoGamma it shouldn't matter at all if a game is on a multi game disc or not, audio streaming & shrinking does still matter.

Moeca10

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Thanks for the answers. I am actually using a 3rd party GC controller. It works with my "real" Wind Waker gamecube disc, but not on any of the games I burned to the disc.

And I am not using Neogamma, cause I wasnt able to start the game, only with Gamecube Launcher 0.2.

So it might be my GC controller, and i should try to find the official controller from Nintendo?

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that would be the best recomendation mate, doubt you will find one first hand now a days but the likes of ebay are easy to find them, get a wavebird if you want to go wireless or get a wired one if you want rumble

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Moeca10 said:
Thanks for the answers. I am actually using a 3rd party GC controller. It works with my "real" Wind Waker gamecube disc, but not on any of the games I burned to the disc.

And I am not using Neogamma, cause I wasnt able to start the game, only with Gamecube Launcher 0.2.

So it might be my GC controller, and i should try to find the official controller from Nintendo?

First you may want to try your retail and backup discs with NeoGamma. But you need to install the correct cMIOS or else it just launches the MIOS -> launches the integrated loader(which is outdated). I expect the controller to either work with both or with neither.

Moeca10

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
All the games start after a little fiddling with the region settings, the only thing that doesnt work is the controller. Which is a little weird, cause the retail Gamecube games i have work fine with the controller.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: