GC backuploader is Black & White?:(

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by gilaben, Jul 9, 2009.

Jul 9, 2009
  1. gilaben
    OP

Newcomer gilaben Advanced Member

United States
    So I hacked a friends Wii some time ago... He wanted me to install the GC Backuploader and I obliged, but I ran into this problem.

When I boot any backuploader 0.2 Xi and the theta version by either WAD or .dol it seriously messes up.

Symptoms: The loader either gets all garbled up and unreadable or it seems fine and seconds later goes into black & white. Note, this is before I load the game. When I load the game it always appears in black & white.

I installed the Miospatcher like I had previous time, I think... I tried multiple versions and reinstallations of the MIOS but consistently ran into the same issue.

Also, I am positive that the Backup disks are not the issue as they run flawlessly on my Wii.

Any advice?

2. KiiWii

Member KiiWii GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    video mode conflict - gc region free set in preloader?

3. emupaul

Member emupaul GBAtemp Fan

United States
    i have the same problem just hit Y on the controller and it should auto correct, I don't now for sure so don't quote me on this but i think the loader doesn't check the tv format and assumes you are running pal. after you set options like force ntsc it auto corrects to boot the game.

4. akash86

Newcomer akash86 Advanced Member

United States
    this is simple, use waninkoko's cMios, and then insert ur gc backup, and simply boot it from the disc channel! =D

5. FenrirWolf

Member FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    First of all, use GCN Loader 0.2. It's newer than Xi and Theta.

And what you're experiencing is most likely a video mode issue, so if you haven't messed with the various options do so.

6. gilaben
    OP

Newcomer gilaben Advanced Member

United States
    I think we might have a winner!

I don't believe it is a preloader issue because he doesn't have preloader installed...

I'll give the CMIOS a shot as well.

Thank you everyone!