Hacking GC backup trouble

mrpink

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

Having a bt of trouble trying to play backup GC games on the wii. I have the IOS249 installed. The backup launcher and the MIOS patcher are on the sd card. When I click into the MIOS patcher(shows black screen with white writing) it tells me to press
A to install, B to Remove patch, etc. However when I do press A on the gamecube controller nothing happens. The screen stays the same.

I greatly appreciate any answers. Thank you.

Acetic Orcein

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm just copying his from xzxero's guide (well I dont this step is there anymore but nevermind)

Run MIOSpatcher
press right once on a gc controller to change the mios to v8
press x to allow wii back up launcher loading
press A to install.

Erm I dont know if this will make a difference or not?

bjorno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think i know the solution
smile.gif

Is your GC controller a wavebird (wireless), if it is, then that explains why it wont work, playing GC backups via gamecube launchers you need a wired one.

mrpink

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the replies. But nope it didn't help. When I press right on the controller nothing happens. It still says version 5 at the bottom and nothng happens when i press A . The controller is a normal controller(wired) and it works ok as i've been usng it on the gamecube.

Thanks.

mrpink

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've tried both. This seems to a bit of a mystery as i've seen the same question posted on other forums , youtube and so on, But no one has answered their question.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wii specs might help, but this sounds like a strange problem...try reinstalling cios38rev14 (or 15 if released today) maybe the mios patcher is having a problem...redownload the mios patcher, format your sd card using panasonic formatter, and put only mios patcher on sd. if that still doesn't work try searching for a mios wad and manually install

mrpink

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I probaly sound like an idiot here but whats cios38rev14. I just folowed a tutorial for the GC back up launcher and it said nothing about Ciosrev .

Thanks for the replys VashTS and Dmon84

mrpink

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I probaly sound like an idiot here but whats cios38rev14. I just folowed a tutorial for the GC back up launcher and it said nothing about Ciosrev .

Thanks for the replys VashTS and Dmon84

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: