GC backup on Wiikey audio issues

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Siddy, Apr 19, 2008.

Apr 19, 2008
  1. Siddy
    OP

Newcomer Siddy Newbie

United States
    Hi,
    Have a WiiKey, 1.9s ran cfg 1.4.

My issues has only occurred with "Starfox Adventure USA (NTSC-U)".
    All other GC backups run flawlessly.

Firstly, when i load the game, using a multi boot and OTHER games, the game boots but freezes on a blank screen after you select to start a new game.
    When the game is burnt with multi-boot but NO other games are with it, it runs fine except when i get to a cut scene, an annoying loud screeching noise plays throughout.

From what i understand this is different to the "audio-fix" problems that has been resolved. There is no streaming issues, just this weird noise.

I should point that this is the only game i have come across that says "The game needs audio enabled, press A to enable, B to cancel" just before i boot it. Doesn't matter if i press A or B, noise still happens. Doesn't matter what i play with in CFG 1.4, noise still happens

Any idea's? ive burnt it to many dvd's and tried everything...

2. Siddy
    OP

Newcomer Siddy Newbie

United States
    Ok, i figured it out.
    I think this is a WiiKey issue only, the other chips have better updates. this issue is still bugging wiikey to current 1.9s.

To fix it with use with WiiKey, use fstfix.exe works fine.
    I think this will have with a few gc games, until wiikey get there act together, the 5yr old fstfix.exe is the go.